Using older versions of Outlook for Mac in business environments
Hi All,
Thanks for your updates.
Firstly, I’m sorry that I may have misunderstood your different scenarios in the posts above. I have done more research and consulting about the issue and please check the different steps below:
@Graham, since you are using an Office 365 account, please double-confirm whether all the Office 365 related credentials are deleted on your Mac. (Although I understand you may have deleted the keychain folder earlier due to an irrelevant issue.) To check that, please refer to the steps below:
- Go to KeyChain Access.
- Search "Exchange" under Login --> All Items and delete everything.
- Search "Office" and delete everything.
- Search "ADAL" and delete everything.
- Launch Outlook.
- You will get the activation prompt and then If account is already added you will see the password prompt for app and ADAL again. Please do 2-Factor Authentication if asked to.
You can also let your colleague try the steps to see if the issue can be fixed.
@Tanner, since you are using a Mediacom account, I suppose you configured the account via IMAP in the Outlook for Mac client, right? Anyway, you may need to delete the Mediacom related credentials and the information in the thread that I shared above may not work for you. Please refer to these steps instead:
- Open Applications/Keychain Access
- On the left, select the Login Keychain
- On the left, select the Passwords category
- Find out and delete all the Mediacom related credentials.
Let me know how it works this time. Thanks for your time and cooperation.
Regards,
Sam