Links to shared Outlook.com calendars return status code 500

Anonymous
2015-06-29T16:32:28+00:00

Hi,

Some user is reporting that links to his shared calendars no longer work since this morning:

For example:

https://sharing.calendar.live.com/calendar/private/22858d19-dee8-401a-b4bb-14eaba1c2335/693b382b-52de-4221-a58c-60cb0e80ce46/cid-c213ae407664e8be/index.html

...returns an HTTP status code 500 (server error). Microsoft service status reports that Calendar is running normally, but it is obviously not. Please fix.

Thank you

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-08-13T07:01:53+00:00

    Forgot to mention: Using Windows 10 and MS brand new browser called Edge ... this browser says: "Not found" for a 500 error code (which means "internal server error") ..........

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-08-16T17:01:54+00:00

    Hey Rich - Any updated word from Microsoft on the timing of this?  still broken for me (at least)...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-08-17T13:55:19+00:00

    Yes. I tried to post on here the other day, but every time I hit reply, I got an "Oops! Something happened. Please try later" message. Yes, it feels like I am begging to use Microsoft's services lately......

    Anyway, I sent an email Friday:

    Hi, Sarah,

    It’s been a week, and I still do not see this working. I do not know your normal process, so I don’t know if this is a normal time frame or not, but after your last email I was left with the impression that I should expect it to start working shortly after that (and I did consider that the weekend was coming when you sent it). We are now talking about more than a month and a half that sharing of calendars has not been working, so this is really quite disappointing. Please let me know when I should expect to see it start working again.

    Thank you,

    Rich

    Here was the reply:

    Hi Rich,

    You are correct.  I thought the rollout was last week.  Since they did not specifically inform me it was done (as I requested) I can only assume there was a delay.  My apologies for not having the details.  There was a few days delay to incorporate additional fixes but it shouldn't have been a while week.

    Let me find out the details.

    Sarah

    After the frustration of being unable to post to this site, I sent her another email, voicing my frustrations with that, and telling her flat out that I feel like I'm begging to use MS services. No reply on that yet, nor do I really expect her to be able to directly affect how this site performs, but at least my frustrations are getting to someone who is fairly high in Microsoft, so perhaps my voicing them will do some good.

    As soon as I hear something - anything - I'll be posting here, unless the site won't let me, of course.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-08-17T21:17:33+00:00

    Reply that I received at 4:57 pm (EDT) today (20 min ago):

    Hi Rich,

    The patch was delayed to incorporate another fix for calendar sharing.  It is rolling out today.  I will let you know when it is complete.

    Thanks,

    Sarah

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-08-17T21:22:46+00:00

    great!  The fixes may include another issue I ran into, so fingers crossed!  Thanks for the update Rich

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments