Scheduling and managing events using Outlook.com calendar
It's a shame they aren't interested in helping. How do we scream louder?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
Some user is reporting that links to his shared calendars no longer work since this morning:
For example:
...returns an HTTP status code 500 (server error). Microsoft service status reports that Calendar is running normally, but it is obviously not. Please fix.
Thank you
Scheduling and managing events using Outlook.com calendar
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
It's a shame they aren't interested in helping. How do we scream louder?
You can open a support request with Microsoft at the following link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus?wa=wsignin1.0#
You must however be patient as you are going to get help from a level 1 tech who has absolutely no technical knowledge about the problem. They don't know what an error 500 is. So you must guide them very hard to make them understand that this a problem on Microsoft's side. Once they tell you they reached a level 3 tech, you are good.
I just spent ages on the on-line chat with a Microsoft person. Ended up nowhere as they just shut down the chat. They got me to try all the things listed above that I had already tried. I need a spare brick wall to bang my head against. In the end I didn't even get a support request ID.
I also just spent hours with chat but I have really good news, I was able to talk to level 3 tech and he acknowledged the problem.
Level 3 tech said:
"yes seems to be a problem"
"I will check it by escalating the case further. Thanks for bringing this to my attention."
"There is no ETA on the fix, however as its global issue so should be resolved soon"
You can see the chat transcript here (all confidential or identifiable information removed):
The Outlook.com team will probably fix the issue pretty soon.
Im having this problem as well. It seems that the links I generate for my calendar only work if I am signed in to my account. I don't know if they will work for someone else if they have a MS account and are signed in or not as a temporary solution but this needs to be addressed soon.