Links to shared Outlook.com calendars return status code 500

Anonymous
2015-06-29T16:32:28+00:00

Hi,

Some user is reporting that links to his shared calendars no longer work since this morning:

For example:

https://sharing.calendar.live.com/calendar/private/22858d19-dee8-401a-b4bb-14eaba1c2335/693b382b-52de-4221-a58c-60cb0e80ce46/cid-c213ae407664e8be/index.html

...returns an HTTP status code 500 (server error). Microsoft service status reports that Calendar is running normally, but it is obviously not. Please fix.

Thank you

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-02T05:33:12+00:00

    I also just spent hours with chat but I have really good news, I was able to talk to level 3 tech and he acknowledged the problem.

    Level 3 tech said:

    "yes seems to be a problem"

    "I will check it by escalating the case further. Thanks for bringing this to my attention."

    "There is no ETA on the fix, however as its global issue so should be resolved soon"

    You can see the chat transcript here (all confidential or identifiable information removed):

    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=745CE58371E6ADF3!11363&authkey=!AAhC0GQ6UiH-w1E&ithint=file%2ctxt

    The Outlook.com team will probably fix the issue pretty soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-07-02T04:35:13+00:00

    I just spent ages on the on-line chat with a Microsoft person. Ended up nowhere as they just shut down the chat. They got me to try all the things listed above that I had already tried. I need a spare brick wall to bang my head against. In the end I didn't even get a support request ID.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-07-02T01:44:17+00:00

    You can open a support request with Microsoft at the following link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus?wa=wsignin1.0#

    You must however be patient as you are going to get help from a level 1 tech who has absolutely no technical knowledge about the problem. They don't know what an error 500 is. So you must guide them very hard to make them understand that this a problem on Microsoft's side. Once they tell you they reached a level 3 tech, you are good.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-07-02T01:24:41+00:00

    It's a shame they aren't interested in helping. How do we scream louder?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-07-02T01:19:18+00:00

    This is a problem on Microsoft's side that the Outlook.com team need to fix. This issue is probably affecting many users. Until Microsoft realises it, and that more users start screaming, there is nothing we can do. Level 1 techs like Griridhar J won't do anything for us and do not understand that an error 500 is a SERVER SIDE ISSUE and has nothing to do with our computers or browsers...

    I'm switching to gmail, I don't have time to wait after them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments