Scheduling and managing events using Outlook.com calendar
Rich - congrats! :-)
Also, please post here when you've been told that the issue has been resolved. thanks!
Brent
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
Some user is reporting that links to his shared calendars no longer work since this morning:
For example:
...returns an HTTP status code 500 (server error). Microsoft service status reports that Calendar is running normally, but it is obviously not. Please fix.
Thank you
Scheduling and managing events using Outlook.com calendar
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Rich - congrats! :-)
Also, please post here when you've been told that the issue has been resolved. thanks!
Brent
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Emails to Satya do get read. Here's the reply.
Hi Richard,
I am the Director of Service Engineering for Outlook.com. I wanted to give you an update on the issue you reporting with Calendar sharing on our service returning error 500.
We have been able to reproduce the error and our development team is working to understand the problem. It seems the links generated return an error if the recipient is not logged into our service. The link does work if the recipient is logged in. Clearly, the link should always work or direct people to a login page. I am hoping we fully understand the problem in the next day or two and a fix rolled out shortly after that.
I will keep you apprised of the progress. Please let me know if you have questions or concerns.
In addition to understanding the problem we will be delving into why this error was not caught in testing, why the user escalations took so long to reach us and which of our service monitors missed this.
Thank you!
Sarah
Ok. So I'm frustrated enough that I just sent an email to Satya Nadella about this.
Well, I just chatted with MS Support again, and was told "I was able to talk to the higher tech already and this issue has been escalated to our research engineer. They have told me that they are still working on this as this is just a general error message and they are still checking what causes why the server is not letting you share the calendars."
And:
I understand how frustrating it is.. If you'll look somewhere even online you will find out that there is no exact resolution for this. That is why our higher technician escalated the issue to our product engineer.