Links to shared Outlook.com calendars return status code 500

Anonymous
2015-06-29T16:32:28+00:00

Hi,

Some user is reporting that links to his shared calendars no longer work since this morning:

For example:

https://sharing.calendar.live.com/calendar/private/22858d19-dee8-401a-b4bb-14eaba1c2335/693b382b-52de-4221-a58c-60cb0e80ce46/cid-c213ae407664e8be/index.html

...returns an HTTP status code 500 (server error). Microsoft service status reports that Calendar is running normally, but it is obviously not. Please fix.

Thank you

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-02T01:19:18+00:00

    This is a problem on Microsoft's side that the Outlook.com team need to fix. This issue is probably affecting many users. Until Microsoft realises it, and that more users start screaming, there is nothing we can do. Level 1 techs like Griridhar J won't do anything for us and do not understand that an error 500 is a SERVER SIDE ISSUE and has nothing to do with our computers or browsers...

    I'm switching to gmail, I don't have time to wait after them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-07-02T01:06:31+00:00

    I can't fix this same problem that I have with a shared calendar. It has been working great for ages but failed last week. I can still access the calendar by logging in but can't use the links. I have tried resetting permissions and recreating links but still not working. I need the solution quickly as this calendar is used for notifying people when they are on a shift at a community radio station.

    I have this problem on all computers I have tried with Windows7 and 8.1.

    I have tried the solutions mentioned about with no change.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-06-30T17:02:39+00:00

    Thank you for your answer but this is not a client problem or a problem with the browser. I tried on multiple browsers, computers and on different networks, and still the same. An HTTP Error 500 indicates an internal server error and has nothing to do with the client comptuer. 

    I contacted a Microsoft support tech yesterday and my issue was escalated to a tier-3 support representative. The issue was indeed a Microsoft problem and was fixed. However the issue STARTED AGAIN TODAY...

    Please see support request ID 1294645297.

    I'm going to reopen the case, but if the issue persists I'm going to have to switch to gmail...

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-06-30T16:02:20+00:00

    Tried all Three browsers,  and cleared all the Cookies problem still persists.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-06-30T14:19:18+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

    Please be assured that we would do our best to assist you.

    Which browser are you using?

    Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

    Step 1

    Try to logout and login and check if issue persists.

    Step 2

    One of the possible reasons why you are encountering this problem is that there are corrupted cache/cookies/browsing history stored in your browser. I recommend that you clear your browser's cache/cookies/browsing history.

    Let’s try to clear them using the following steps:

    • For Internet Explorer: Press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL simultaneously and click Delete.
    • For Google Chrome: Press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL simultaneously and click Clear Browsing Data.
    • For Firefox: Press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL simultaneously and click Clear Now.(other browsers are similar)

    Step 3

    Try to open in InPrivate mode and check if issue persists. Follow the steps below:

    1. Press Windows key + R.
    2. Type ‘iexplore.exe –private’.
    3. Check if issue persists.

    Step 4

    If issue still persists try using a different browser and check if it fixes the issue.

    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments