Can't see shared calendar of coworker

Anonymous
2017-05-19T08:34:51+00:00

We recently switched to Office 356. Among coworkers we want to share our calendars. I can see the calendar of every coworker except one and we have no clue why.

Here is what everyone of us did:

  1. Open office 356 in the web browser and select Calendar
  2. Click on Share
  3. Type the email of the coworker, in this case mine, permission are the default values (can view all details)
  4. hit send

I receive the email in Outlook and hit the blue "accept" button. After the spinner disappears it the button is "view calendar". Nothing happens if I click this button. The coworker does not appear in my shared calendars.

The strange thing is only this combination does not work. My coworker can see my calendar but I can't see hers. This whole procedure works with every other coworker. Only this combination does not work.

We are both using Macs if that is important. We use the Calendar App on Mac to see each others calendars but her calendar does not appear there. Does not appear in the Office 356 calendar web app either so I am not suprised.

Additionally I am the only one in the office with the locale set to US on my mac. Keyboard, language, etc. Everyone else is using German.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-06-13T05:25:58+00:00

    Hi Bjorn,

    Since your email address is ******@xxx.de, the ContectionUri may be https://outlook.office365.de/powershell-liveid/. Sorry for the incorrect information. Please run the following cmdlet instead:

    $Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://outlook.office365.com/powershell-liveid/ -Credential $UserCredential -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection

    Thanks for your time and patience.

    Regards,

    Rudy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-06-14T08:17:27+00:00

    Hi Bjorn,

    Any update is appreciated. Please feel free to let us know.

    Regards,

    Rudy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-06-14T08:26:40+00:00

    Hi Rudy,

    we are getting there. Before your commands worked I had to add another two. I have zero knowledge of Exchange. You probably know better why they were needed. I just googled around.

    Set-ExectutionPolicy RemoteSigned

    Import-PSSession $Session

    These two commands allowed me to execute your commands. Finally!

    I ran Get-MailboxFolder like you said. Now it gets interesting. I ran into the following red error message. See the screenshot. It is in German you it sounds like I can't look up the email address or something.

    The really interesting thing is this command does work with my email address and with one of my coworkers. It does not work on the other 4.

    We have only six people in the office. It works for two, but not on six.

    Could this be a subscription plan issue? I am just guessing.

    Under Admin, Billing, Subscriptions we have three active subscriptions:

    • Exchange Online ( Plan 1 )
    • Office 365 Business Premium
    • Office 365 Enterprise E3

    The email addresses all belong to different subscriptions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-06-15T04:43:53+00:00

    Hi Bjorn,

    I have gone through the thread and let’s focus on the original calendar sharing issue in order not to make the thread too complicated. As to the calendar publishing problem, you may take it as a workaround since it works fine when adding her published calendar to Apple iCal. And you are welcome to start a new thread to troubleshoot why it doesn’t work when adding her published calendar url under Other Calendars in OWA. Thanks for your time and cooperation.

    For the original issue, please share with us the following details to go on troubleshooting:

    1. When this affected user attempted to share her calendar with you, did she meet any error message? If so, please take a screenshot about the error message and upload it. If not, please capture a screenshot about her Sharing Permissions in OWA and upload it for further check. (Navigate to her default calendar and right-click it> choose Sharing Permissions.)

    1. As to the PowerShell cmdlet, please make sure you’ve entered the full email address of the rest of the four users and check if the permission can be returned. 
    2. Try removing the existing calendar permission and re-adding it using PowerShell to see if you can add her calendar now. Here are the corresponding cmdlets:

    **Remove-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity ******@domain.com:\calendar -User ****@domain.com

    **Add-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity ******@domain.com:\calendar -User ****@domain.com -AccessRights Editor

    1. The affected user’s email address.

    For privacy concern, please provide the PowerShell outputs in Step 2 and 3 and the email address in the private message below:

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/privatemessages/list

    Thanks,

    Sam

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-06-15T07:44:35+00:00

    Hi Sam,

    thanks for looking into this.

    I will keep you updated and answer your questions tomorrow.

    I am out of office today.

    kind regards,

    Björn

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments