Can't see shared calendar of coworker

Anonymous
2017-05-19T08:34:51+00:00

We recently switched to Office 356. Among coworkers we want to share our calendars. I can see the calendar of every coworker except one and we have no clue why.

Here is what everyone of us did:

  1. Open office 356 in the web browser and select Calendar
  2. Click on Share
  3. Type the email of the coworker, in this case mine, permission are the default values (can view all details)
  4. hit send

I receive the email in Outlook and hit the blue "accept" button. After the spinner disappears it the button is "view calendar". Nothing happens if I click this button. The coworker does not appear in my shared calendars.

The strange thing is only this combination does not work. My coworker can see my calendar but I can't see hers. This whole procedure works with every other coworker. Only this combination does not work.

We are both using Macs if that is important. We use the Calendar App on Mac to see each others calendars but her calendar does not appear there. Does not appear in the Office 356 calendar web app either so I am not suprised.

Additionally I am the only one in the office with the locale set to US on my mac. Keyboard, language, etc. Everyone else is using German.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-06-08T03:06:57+00:00

    Hi Bjorn,

    Thanks for the private message. Once getting any information, I will update the thread immediately.

    Regards,

    Rudy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-06-07T09:15:54+00:00

    Hi Rudy,

    yes, you described exactly the issues I am facing. 

    I make two videos later this day and send them to you via E-Mail.

    Thanks for all the help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-06-07T08:33:01+00:00

    Hi Bjorn,

    Given this situation, I'd like to summarize the issues you are facing:

    1. A specific user in your organization shares calendar with you via the OWA follow the steps:  Open office 356 in the web browser and select Calendar > Click on Share > Type the email of the coworker, permission are the default values (can view all details) > hit Send. The issue is you cannot add the shared calendar under the Other calendars, but can add it under the Your Calendars.
    2. Via Calendar Publishing feature, you can add the shared calendar under the Other Calendar, but the calendar is empty.

    Am I right? If so, please reproduce it on your side and video them. Meanwhile, please provide the video for us via private message. I need the video to consult with our related team.

    Thanks for your time.

    Rudy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-06-06T10:20:33+00:00

    Hi Rudy,

    I enabled the calendar publishing with your help. "Allow anonymous user to access calendars with an email invitation" was disabled. I enabled it. The radio box now set to "All calendar appointment information".

    My coworker enabled calendar publishing and gave the the two links.

    In OWA I can use the first link to add her calendar to "Other calendars". It shows up in Other calendars. I renamed the calender to her name. However there are no events from here. The calendar is empty.

    I used the second link to add her calendar to Apple iCal. Used the link in "New Calendar Subscription". This works and I can see all her events.

    So it works in iCal, but not in OWA.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-06-06T09:46:22+00:00

    Hi Bjorn,

    Is there any improvement?  Please let us know at your convenience.

    Regards,

    Rudy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments