Can't see shared calendar of coworker

Anonymous
2017-05-19T08:34:51+00:00

We recently switched to Office 356. Among coworkers we want to share our calendars. I can see the calendar of every coworker except one and we have no clue why.

Here is what everyone of us did:

  1. Open office 356 in the web browser and select Calendar
  2. Click on Share
  3. Type the email of the coworker, in this case mine, permission are the default values (can view all details)
  4. hit send

I receive the email in Outlook and hit the blue "accept" button. After the spinner disappears it the button is "view calendar". Nothing happens if I click this button. The coworker does not appear in my shared calendars.

The strange thing is only this combination does not work. My coworker can see my calendar but I can't see hers. This whole procedure works with every other coworker. Only this combination does not work.

We are both using Macs if that is important. We use the Calendar App on Mac to see each others calendars but her calendar does not appear there. Does not appear in the Office 356 calendar web app either so I am not suprised.

Additionally I am the only one in the office with the locale set to US on my mac. Keyboard, language, etc. Everyone else is using German.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-06-14T08:26:40+00:00

    Hi Rudy,

    we are getting there. Before your commands worked I had to add another two. I have zero knowledge of Exchange. You probably know better why they were needed. I just googled around.

    Set-ExectutionPolicy RemoteSigned

    Import-PSSession $Session

    These two commands allowed me to execute your commands. Finally!

    I ran Get-MailboxFolder like you said. Now it gets interesting. I ran into the following red error message. See the screenshot. It is in German you it sounds like I can't look up the email address or something.

    The really interesting thing is this command does work with my email address and with one of my coworkers. It does not work on the other 4.

    We have only six people in the office. It works for two, but not on six.

    Could this be a subscription plan issue? I am just guessing.

    Under Admin, Billing, Subscriptions we have three active subscriptions:

    • Exchange Online ( Plan 1 )
    • Office 365 Business Premium
    • Office 365 Enterprise E3

    The email addresses all belong to different subscriptions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-06-14T08:17:27+00:00

    Hi Bjorn,

    Any update is appreciated. Please feel free to let us know.

    Regards,

    Rudy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-06-13T05:25:58+00:00

    Hi Bjorn,

    Since your email address is ******@xxx.de, the ContectionUri may be https://outlook.office365.de/powershell-liveid/. Sorry for the incorrect information. Please run the following cmdlet instead:

    $Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://outlook.office365.com/powershell-liveid/ -Credential $UserCredential -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection

    Thanks for your time and patience.

    Regards,

    Rudy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-06-12T09:34:44+00:00

    Hi Rudy,

    I tried to apply the steps you provided. Something went wrong. See screenshot below.

    Not sure how to proceed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-06-10T10:20:20+00:00

    Hi Bjorn,

    Sorry for the late reply. the issue may cause by the incorrect permission. So, please try removing the permission and add it back via running the PowerShell cmdlet to check if the issue persists. You need run it with your Office 365 account on a Windows computer. Please follow the steps below:

    1. Right-click the Windows PowerShell, choose Run as Administrator.

    2. Connect to the Exchange Online via your account. Please run:

             $UserCredential = Get-Credential

    $Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://outlook.office.de/powershell-liveid/ -Credential $UserCredential -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection

             Import-PSSession $Session

    1. Referring to the screenshot to set the shared calendar permission ( a is your coworker, b is you. a and b are your email address ):

    If anything is unclear, please feel free to let us know.

    Regards,

    Rudy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments