Can't see shared calendar of coworker

Anonymous
2017-05-19T08:34:51+00:00

We recently switched to Office 356. Among coworkers we want to share our calendars. I can see the calendar of every coworker except one and we have no clue why.

Here is what everyone of us did:

  1. Open office 356 in the web browser and select Calendar
  2. Click on Share
  3. Type the email of the coworker, in this case mine, permission are the default values (can view all details)
  4. hit send

I receive the email in Outlook and hit the blue "accept" button. After the spinner disappears it the button is "view calendar". Nothing happens if I click this button. The coworker does not appear in my shared calendars.

The strange thing is only this combination does not work. My coworker can see my calendar but I can't see hers. This whole procedure works with every other coworker. Only this combination does not work.

We are both using Macs if that is important. We use the Calendar App on Mac to see each others calendars but her calendar does not appear there. Does not appear in the Office 356 calendar web app either so I am not suprised.

Additionally I am the only one in the office with the locale set to US on my mac. Keyboard, language, etc. Everyone else is using German.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-06-17T14:23:32+00:00

    Hi Bjorn,

    Any updates?

    Thanks,

    Sam

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-06-16T10:14:00+00:00

    Hi Bjorn,

    Thanks for the detailed updates.

    Since you are indeed on her calendar sharing list, please try removing the existing permission and use PowerShell cmdlet Add-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity :\calendar -User  -AccessRights Editor to re-add the permission to see if the problem can be fixed.

    Moreover, please share with us the requested screenshot for clarification on Monday. Regarding the error you got when running PowerShell to retrieve the calendar folder sharing permission, you may try using the user’s default Onmicrosoft account (like: ) instead and let us know if it works. Also, please check if you can run **Get-MailboxFolder -Identity ****@domain.com –GetChildren for the affected mailbox and share with us the output in the private message if possible.

    Thanks,

    Sam

    **Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-06-16T07:44:46+00:00

    Answering your questions.

    1) She did not meet any error messages. Other coworkers can see her calendar just fine. She used the same settings for every account. I do appear in her list and I did get the email invitation to her calendar. She ist out of office till monday. I will send you a screenshot on monday.

    2 and following) I did, see the private message I sent to you. The same error message appears. Can't continue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-06-15T07:44:35+00:00

    Hi Sam,

    thanks for looking into this.

    I will keep you updated and answer your questions tomorrow.

    I am out of office today.

    kind regards,

    Björn

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-06-15T04:43:53+00:00

    Hi Bjorn,

    I have gone through the thread and let’s focus on the original calendar sharing issue in order not to make the thread too complicated. As to the calendar publishing problem, you may take it as a workaround since it works fine when adding her published calendar to Apple iCal. And you are welcome to start a new thread to troubleshoot why it doesn’t work when adding her published calendar url under Other Calendars in OWA. Thanks for your time and cooperation.

    For the original issue, please share with us the following details to go on troubleshooting:

    1. When this affected user attempted to share her calendar with you, did she meet any error message? If so, please take a screenshot about the error message and upload it. If not, please capture a screenshot about her Sharing Permissions in OWA and upload it for further check. (Navigate to her default calendar and right-click it> choose Sharing Permissions.)

    1. As to the PowerShell cmdlet, please make sure you’ve entered the full email address of the rest of the four users and check if the permission can be returned. 
    2. Try removing the existing calendar permission and re-adding it using PowerShell to see if you can add her calendar now. Here are the corresponding cmdlets:

    **Remove-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity ******@domain.com:\calendar -User ****@domain.com

    **Add-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity ******@domain.com:\calendar -User ****@domain.com -AccessRights Editor

    1. The affected user’s email address.

    For privacy concern, please provide the PowerShell outputs in Step 2 and 3 and the email address in the private message below:

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/privatemessages/list

    Thanks,

    Sam

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments