Set up Auto BCC in Outlook 2016

Anonymous
2016-06-30T20:57:30+00:00

How do I set up an Auto BCC to my CRM in Outlook 365?

Thanks.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-12-28T15:59:02+00:00

You can do effectively the same thing as auto-BCC with a new rule.  This one works for me:

  1. Go to the "home" tab of the ribbon/toolbar
  2. Click the "rules" dropdown and select "Manage Rules & Alerts"
  3. From the "Rules and Alerts" dialog box, select "New Rule"
  4. This pops up a "Rules Wizard" with a number of templates in it.  Pick "Apply rule on messages I send", and hit "Next".
  5. The next dialog shows conditions, leave all unchecked and hit "Next".  You'll get the warning "This rule will be applied to every message you send", hit "Yes".
  6. The next dialog lets you select what to do with the message - check next to "move a copy to the specified folder".  At the window in the bottom of this dialog you'll see the line "move a copy to the specified folder" appear, click the underlined word "specified", from the resulting dialog pick your Inbox and hit "OK".
  7. The next dialog lets you pick exceptions, click "Next" again.
  8. The final dialog lets you name the rule, make sure "Turn on this rule" is selected.  The rule showing in the bottom window should read
    1. "Apply this rule after I send the message"
    2. "move a copy to the Inbox folder"
  9. Click "Finish" and the new rule will be created.
  10. Hit "OK" one more time to leave the "Rules and Alerts" dialog.

Best of luck...

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-12-04T19:31:30+00:00

    I will echo the above "double plus UNhelpful" comment. An auto bcc, in my case to myself so that I have a record of all  emails I send out, should be a basic component. All I have been able to find is a PAID add-on, and i refuse to pay for something so basic that should be included i the expansive new version of Office. I have the old macro (see below) that I was able to add to previous versions, but the macro feature in 2016 is not intuitive and so far i haven't managed to add this as a macro. If anyone can help with this, great. I don't know how MS gets gazillions of cash from us suckers and we still don't get necessary basic tools, just more and more complications, Word with its multiplicity of unwanted extras being a prime example. Here's the macro:

    Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)
      Dim R As Outlook.Recipient
      Dim Address$
    
      Address = "******@domain.com"
    
      Set R = Item.Recipients.Add(Address)
      R.Type = olBCC
      R.Resolve
    End Sub
    

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-11-29T03:42:19+00:00

    Hi All,

    Unfortunately, there is no BCC option when we create rules in Outlook client by default.  Given this situation, we suggest you submit feedback to our relevant team via the link below:

    https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/322590-outlook-2016-for-windows/suggestions/13492065-option-to-allow-rules-to-use-bcc-to-selected-recip

    Thanks for your understanding.

    Regards,

    Poppy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-11-28T20:17:01+00:00

    This is totally unhelpful.  Why is it so difficult to set up an automatic bcc in Outlook?  In Thunderbird, it's so simple that even I can do it.

    I'm looking for the same exact thing. This should be really easy.

    I've come to the MS forums looking for answers 5 or 6 times for various reasons. I can always find someone who's already asked the same question, but I've yet to find one where a mod was able to add value unfortunately.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-11-23T01:16:32+00:00

    This is totally unhelpful.  Why is it so difficult to set up an automatic bcc in Outlook?  In Thunderbird, it's so simple that even I can do it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments