Set up Auto BCC in Outlook 2016

Anonymous
2016-06-30T20:57:30+00:00

How do I set up an Auto BCC to my CRM in Outlook 365?

Thanks.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-12-28T15:59:02+00:00

You can do effectively the same thing as auto-BCC with a new rule.  This one works for me:

  1. Go to the "home" tab of the ribbon/toolbar
  2. Click the "rules" dropdown and select "Manage Rules & Alerts"
  3. From the "Rules and Alerts" dialog box, select "New Rule"
  4. This pops up a "Rules Wizard" with a number of templates in it.  Pick "Apply rule on messages I send", and hit "Next".
  5. The next dialog shows conditions, leave all unchecked and hit "Next".  You'll get the warning "This rule will be applied to every message you send", hit "Yes".
  6. The next dialog lets you select what to do with the message - check next to "move a copy to the specified folder".  At the window in the bottom of this dialog you'll see the line "move a copy to the specified folder" appear, click the underlined word "specified", from the resulting dialog pick your Inbox and hit "OK".
  7. The next dialog lets you pick exceptions, click "Next" again.
  8. The final dialog lets you name the rule, make sure "Turn on this rule" is selected.  The rule showing in the bottom window should read
    1. "Apply this rule after I send the message"
    2. "move a copy to the Inbox folder"
  9. Click "Finish" and the new rule will be created.
  10. Hit "OK" one more time to leave the "Rules and Alerts" dialog.

Best of luck...

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-09T15:32:59+00:00

    This is exactly what I needed since I want a copy of all my sent mail in my Yahoo account.  I could not find a way to have all of my Outlook sent mail also appear in my Yahoo account until this.  I did find add-ins but there was a charge for these.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-03-23T17:07:18+00:00

    Brilliant!

    This worked a treat for me. Well done and thank you so very much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-22T22:29:44+00:00

    A hint that might help Verizon email users: Thanks again, i had installed this rule when I set up my Windows 10 desktop. Suddenly my bcc  stopped coming ... this was some months after my verizon.net email account was rerouted via aol.com when Verizon on very short notice stopped servicing  its .net email accounts.  Turned out the migrated email settings had to be fixed (they were different from those originally provided by Verizon for the outgoing server) - I did that, then  "always bcc myself" rule stopped working ... and when I checked, it had been mysteriously unchecked. I re-checked it. It's back now. I suppose this pesky tweaking interference will never end ...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-03T02:14:13+00:00

    You are the man!

    many thanks!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments