Using Outlook for Android in business environments for email and scheduling
On an android device you install the Outlook app from the play store, when you start the app you then add the hotmail a/c which requires the a/c username & password only
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have added my hotmail.com account as exchange in outlook app on android (nexus 6).
Contacts sync one way only.
Problem:
I have had this problem for more than 1 year. I have now spent about 50 man hours trying to find a solution. Because the phone is unusable without the ability to add or edit contacts, I have been using my partners old iphone 5c, which syncs contacts both ways flawlessly but means I cant use my smart watch.
My hotmail account was "upgraded" to exchange some months back, but the result before and after is the same (after removing and re-adding of course)
I have spent probably 5 hours with MS support teams.
So it looks like the 100 or so people who have the same problem have no support, and no solution, other than to switch to iPhone.
Using Outlook for Android in business environments for email and scheduling
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
On an android device you install the Outlook app from the play store, when you start the app you then add the hotmail a/c which requires the a/c username & password only
On an android device you install the Outlook app from the play store, when you start the app you then add the hotmail a/c which requires the a/c username & password only
This is exactly what I have done, probably 20 times in the last year. Always same result - one way sync only. To be clear:
So far so good, but now:
I have had MS support look at my phone, they say its setup perfectly, so it must be a problem with my outlook.com account. I spent hours with the outlook.com account team, they say nothing is wrong.
Note, the account syncs all contacts two ways flawlessly on my old iphone, but I want to use android as it is the only platform which has the apps I need.
there are people with the same issue, but no solution.
I could not have explained it better myself. Have the exact same issue but with different phone (Galaxy S7 Edge).
Would like like see a solution ot explanation from Microsoft about this issue/feature.
Hi,
I too have the same problem with a Sony Experia X Compact and the Outlook application.
New contacts added using the Android Contacts application don't sync to Outlook.com even though the application is configured to save the new contacts to the Outlook.com account.
Why doesn't the contacts section in the Outlook application not provide an option to add or edit contacts?
I have just moved from an iPhone where two-way contact sync worked fine.
I've recently decided to use the Outlook.com account as my main email, calendar and contact cloud source but after having numerous issues with the Outlook 2016 PC app and now the Android Outlook app I'm beginning to wonder if I've made the right choice.
Yes, This has been frustrating to say the least. Not sure how any company can release an app that doesn't do basic two-way sync. I am surprised that Microsoft hasn't even cared to acknowledge the problem.
Our company implemented Office 360 recently and contacts sync with Android has been a huge issue. We are contemplating to move back to Google Apps.