Unwanted Contact Groups

Anonymous
2016-08-29T23:40:34+00:00

I have my Outlook.com account on my iPhone. There has always been a few contact groups that I don't use, however lately it has expanded to 6 extra unwanted groups. Is there any way to get rid of these? Some of them don't even show up on Outlook.com and just on my iPhone. I don't have my account linked up with Skype or Facebook.

blocklist

Facebook Contacts

MeContact

People you may know on Skype

PersonMetadata

Skype Contacts

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-10-07T15:50:06+00:00

    I have exact the same problem, so I think Microsoft still hasn't fixed the problem.

    I also encountered this after using Office 365. Before that there was only one contact group on my iPhone.

    After using Office 365 and using my Microsoft account with Skype I received the extra contact groups on my iPhone.

    This concerns the groups blocklist, MeContact, PersonMetadata and Skype-contacts.

    And especially the PersonMetadata is annoying as it has a lot of "# No Name" in it.

    Off course you can deselect this groups and only select the Contacts group, but I want those unnecessary groups deleted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-10-10T18:30:17+00:00

    I am also having the PersonMetadata issue, and it is the lone source of 198 empty "No Name" contacts on my iPhone. I deselect it, they go away.

    A response other than "it's all in your head" would be appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-10-19T17:27:03+00:00

    With respect to the NoName contacts, I've had the same issue.  I had an extensive list of NoNames on my iPhone.  Now for some specifics.  I'm using the latest OS on the iPhone.  I have my contacts associated with an Outlook.com email account.  I use the original Apple contact app and email app.  I do not use the Outlook apps.  While I'm not sure why those NoName apps showed up, I have eliminated them by deleting my Outlook.com email account from my iPhone and then re-adding it on the iPhone.  Now when I go to the Groups listing there is no listing for the PersonMetadata and there are no NoName listings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-10-19T18:06:55+00:00

    Yep, this worked for me too. Will be interesting to see if this is a permanent fix or if this creeps back at some point.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-11-27T01:24:02+00:00

    I have same problem with over 3500 "No Name" entries in my PersonMetadata  group in my iPad. Your solution worked for me and fixed my problem. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments