Unwanted Contact Groups

Anonymous
2016-08-29T23:40:34+00:00

I have my Outlook.com account on my iPhone. There has always been a few contact groups that I don't use, however lately it has expanded to 6 extra unwanted groups. Is there any way to get rid of these? Some of them don't even show up on Outlook.com and just on my iPhone. I don't have my account linked up with Skype or Facebook.

blocklist

Facebook Contacts

MeContact

People you may know on Skype

PersonMetadata

Skype Contacts

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-09-21T15:42:53+00:00

    Agree - I also, never noticed any problems until recently.

    I'd be curious from someone else's problem...  If you go to outlook.com, then to your contacts (people), then click manage-clean up contacts...  do you see a bunch of duplicate contacts?  I did, hundreds, and when I was able to clear those, and cleared my cache/data on my phone, brought in a fresh set of contacts, my no-name problems were gone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-09-23T02:35:41+00:00

    I have no duplicate or empty contacts on Outlook.com and cleaning up the contacts just says no duplicates found. It's all fine on Outlook.com except for the people groups I can't delete and those extra groups only showing up on my iPhone.

    Possible side note: lately emails come in and I can see them on my iPhone plus on Outlook.com there is a number for the unread email next to the inbox like this: (2)

    But, the email is not there in the inbox. Refreshing does nothing. It takes awhile for that email to finally show up. By that time I have dealt with it on my iPhone instead. Seems like Outlook email is getting buggy lately!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-09-24T22:23:54+00:00

    I'm not seeing the PersonMetaData or MeContact groups anymore, nor the blank contacts. I just noticed it today.

    However there still is no way to get rid of the unnecessary Blocklist, Facebook Contacts, People you make know one Skype and Skype Contacts groups.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-10-02T19:14:21+00:00

    Are the extra groups and blank contacts gone for anyone else?

    I'm guessing the Skype and Facebook groups are a "feature" and not an option to remove.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-10-04T06:28:32+00:00

    Yes, the extra groups and blank contacts are gone!

    Indeed, I still see the Skype group (I have no Facebook account) and that will be definitely an option.

    Apparently Microsoft fixed the issue:-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments