Unwanted Contact Groups

Anonymous
2016-08-29T23:40:34+00:00

I have my Outlook.com account on my iPhone. There has always been a few contact groups that I don't use, however lately it has expanded to 6 extra unwanted groups. Is there any way to get rid of these? Some of them don't even show up on Outlook.com and just on my iPhone. I don't have my account linked up with Skype or Facebook.

blocklist

Facebook Contacts

MeContact

People you may know on Skype

PersonMetadata

Skype Contacts

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-09-11T18:53:54+00:00

    its really just the "no names" issue for me now as it has created some new "no names" entries when I edited the names in the people app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-09-13T07:31:26+00:00

    I just read all the above messages and can confirm that I have exactly the same problem/situation with my Iphone.

    I am convinced of the fact that the current Outlook.com conversion by Microsoft is the cause of all this.

    We (my family) have 5 Outlook accounts, from which 2 are converted and 3 not. We all have an Iphone too.

    For the 2 converted accounts we encounter the Iphone-issue as described above.

    For the other 3 accounts it all works fine without the extra groups visible on the Iphone

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-09-13T10:20:28+00:00

    I've opened my outlook account on my iPhone in the outlook app. There are "no name" entries in there too. This must be down to the outlook migration and whatever changes have caused this also affect the outlook app... I thought this could be something to do with android and iOS not recognising the new "people" app format or changes but it seems that the outlook app also has the same issue. You can't even delete or filter the contact list in the outlook app to hide the "no name" entries.

    The question is what is this personmetadata group, even when the no name entries are deleted if changes are made to the contact list they seem to start returning. I've found the "no name" entries happen on android, iOS and in the outlook app (on iPhone).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-09-13T10:49:24+00:00

    I have 785 'no names' entries for group PersonMetadata.

    I am also able to delete them, but what am I deleting then? Is it wise to do that?

    I think "the extra groups" should not be shown in the Contacts-app.

    Microsoft only can give the answer on this!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-09-13T17:37:18+00:00

    Brian, I think way more people are seeing this.

    Phil.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments