Organizing and accessing contact information in Outlook.com
Neither of those links applies to me.
The first deals with Outlook 2010.
The second deals with Email groups.
My problem concerns Contact Groups in Outlook.com web email.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have my Outlook.com account on my iPhone. There has always been a few contact groups that I don't use, however lately it has expanded to 6 extra unwanted groups. Is there any way to get rid of these? Some of them don't even show up on Outlook.com and just on my iPhone. I don't have my account linked up with Skype or Facebook.
blocklist
Facebook Contacts
MeContact
People you may know on Skype
PersonMetadata
Skype Contacts
Organizing and accessing contact information in Outlook.com
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Neither of those links applies to me.
The first deals with Outlook 2010.
The second deals with Email groups.
My problem concerns Contact Groups in Outlook.com web email.
Hi,
It's seem that what you are seeing were contact folders of Outlook. Login to Outlook.com on your browser, then go to people, click your contacts to see the contact folders. Right the un-necessary folders and select delete. Click this LINK for reference.
Keep us updated, thanks.
Thanks, but there is no Delete option when right-clicking. The only option is "Manage". If I choose that, a window pops up to "connect Office 365 to your networks".
Some of them also give this message "error. Failed to compare two elements in the array."
There are also folders on my iPhone that don't show up in Outlook.com
It appears that these are created automatically and don't have a way to delete them.
Hi,
We were wondering if you can send us screenshot of the Folders/Contact groups that you have, and how you delete it.
Thank you.
The "People You May Know On Skype" folder is there because your Outlook.com mailbox is hosted on the Office 365 Exchange service (Outlook Mail) and I believe that folder is supplied by default for Skype for Business. The "Skype Contacts" folder may be there because you have a connection to a Skype for Windows account. I'd say that the same goes for the "Facebook Contacts" folder. You may have a connection to Facebook from your Outlook.com account. Check at Add accounts. I can't provide an explanation for the others, except that perhaps they're supplied by some device you also connect to your Outlook.com account.