Unwanted Contact Groups

Anonymous
2016-08-29T23:40:34+00:00

I have my Outlook.com account on my iPhone. There has always been a few contact groups that I don't use, however lately it has expanded to 6 extra unwanted groups. Is there any way to get rid of these? Some of them don't even show up on Outlook.com and just on my iPhone. I don't have my account linked up with Skype or Facebook.

blocklist

Facebook Contacts

MeContact

People you may know on Skype

PersonMetadata

Skype Contacts

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2016-09-08T20:40:31+00:00

    "MeContact" reminds me of the me.com service that preceded iCloud and I'm inclined to think it's something your phone is doing, particularly since that's where you see it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-09-08T18:30:05+00:00

    Hi Brian, I don't have the Facebook app installed on my iPhone. I checked the add-ins on Outlook.com and turned them all off however none of them were Facebook or Skype.

    This all doesn't explain the extra groups I get on my iPhone and DON'T show up on Outlook.com: MeContact and PersonMetadata.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2016-09-08T13:12:52+00:00

    > I have an iMac and an iPhone. I only use the email either in Safari at Outlook.com or

    > on my iPhone using Mail.

    I thought that, perhaps, if you have Facebook on the iPhone, it might have some settings to integrate with your Contacts on the iPhone as well, but I've been through the settings on my iPod Touch (pretty much an iPhone without the cellular radio) and I don't see anything in either the general settings, the Contacts settings, or the Facebook settings that might lead to it. Thus, I'm stumped and don't know what to suggest. One last thought, though. Do you have any add-ins enabled? Click the Options gear and choose "Manage add-ins". The only other thing I can think of is that one of them may be affecting what you see.

    Sorry I couldn't help more.

    ** Edit **

    I just found a setting in Facebook on the iPhone that says "Upload contacts". Tap the three bars at the lower right of the Facebook app, slide down to Settings and tap, tap "Account Settings", then tap General, then tap "Upload contacts". I have no idea whether or not this ties in at all because I have it disabled, but it's worth checking.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-09-08T03:33:54+00:00

    Richard, here is a screenshot in Safari. I have right-clicked on the Facebook group. I only get the "Manage" option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-09-08T03:29:33+00:00

    Thanks Brian, under My Accounts is says "You haven't added any accounts yet". This is why I'm confused as to those folders being there.

    I'm not using Skype for Windows. I have an iMac and an iPhone. I only use the email either in Safari at Outlook.com or on my iPhone using Mail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments