Unwanted Contact Groups

Anonymous
2016-08-29T23:40:34+00:00

I have my Outlook.com account on my iPhone. There has always been a few contact groups that I don't use, however lately it has expanded to 6 extra unwanted groups. Is there any way to get rid of these? Some of them don't even show up on Outlook.com and just on my iPhone. I don't have my account linked up with Skype or Facebook.

blocklist

Facebook Contacts

MeContact

People you may know on Skype

PersonMetadata

Skype Contacts

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-09-11T18:52:25+00:00

    only on my iPhone, not on outlook.

    Just solved the multiple entry issue, it was "linked contacts" on the people app. I had several entries for a couple of my contacts which only showed as one entry on the people app but individually on the phone. I unlinked them on the people app and deleted them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-09-11T18:43:59+00:00

    To clarify, are you seeing the PersonMetadata group with noname entries on your mobile device only or also Outlook.com? I'm only seeing them (plus the "MeContact" group) on my iPhone and not on Outlook.com.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-09-11T18:34:33+00:00

    as well as the multiple entries a few more "no names" got added... (having deleted about 500 of these previously) haven't got to the bottom of it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-09-11T17:55:33+00:00

    I get the "no names" from the PersonMetadata group, however this only became a problem after my account was migrated to Office 365, this also happened to my father who has a Samsung alpha phone. he got around 500 "no name" entries and he only had 54 contacts originally. I've seen at least one other post for the "no names" problem and it seems to come from the outlook account. I've found it seems to come from the outlook migration.

    He then seemed to have multiple entries for his contacts once we had cleared up the "no names" entries. So I removed the email account from his phone deleted all contacts on the phone, cleaned up the Microsoft "People" app and re added the email account. There were still several multiple entries.

    Trying to get to the bottom of it now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-09-11T12:51:35+00:00

    Well I do to for starters.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments