Organizing and accessing contact information in Outlook.com
Are the extra groups and blank contacts gone for anyone else?
I'm guessing the Skype and Facebook groups are a "feature" and not an option to remove.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have my Outlook.com account on my iPhone. There has always been a few contact groups that I don't use, however lately it has expanded to 6 extra unwanted groups. Is there any way to get rid of these? Some of them don't even show up on Outlook.com and just on my iPhone. I don't have my account linked up with Skype or Facebook.
blocklist
Facebook Contacts
MeContact
People you may know on Skype
PersonMetadata
Skype Contacts
Organizing and accessing contact information in Outlook.com
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Are the extra groups and blank contacts gone for anyone else?
I'm guessing the Skype and Facebook groups are a "feature" and not an option to remove.
I'm not seeing the PersonMetaData or MeContact groups anymore, nor the blank contacts. I just noticed it today.
However there still is no way to get rid of the unnecessary Blocklist, Facebook Contacts, People you make know one Skype and Skype Contacts groups.
I have no duplicate or empty contacts on Outlook.com and cleaning up the contacts just says no duplicates found. It's all fine on Outlook.com except for the people groups I can't delete and those extra groups only showing up on my iPhone.
Possible side note: lately emails come in and I can see them on my iPhone plus on Outlook.com there is a number for the unread email next to the inbox like this: (2)
But, the email is not there in the inbox. Refreshing does nothing. It takes awhile for that email to finally show up. By that time I have dealt with it on my iPhone instead. Seems like Outlook email is getting buggy lately!
Agree - I also, never noticed any problems until recently.
I'd be curious from someone else's problem... If you go to outlook.com, then to your contacts (people), then click manage-clean up contacts... do you see a bunch of duplicate contacts? I did, hundreds, and when I was able to clear those, and cleared my cache/data on my phone, brought in a fresh set of contacts, my no-name problems were gone.
I only opened my Outlook.com account after it was changed to Outlook. It's never been anything else for me.
I've never used People Groups and never noticed all the extra groups and empty contacts until recently.