Using older versions of Outlook for Mac in business environments
Everyone should send Microsoft feedback to let them know you want this bug fixed.
The more reports they get the higher it gets on the list to be fixed.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Original Title:"Contractions of Verb + Not"
The spell check in Outlook 2011 keeps underlining any verb that is contracted with "not." For example, "can't", "isn't", and so on are all flagged as misspellings. How can I stop this?
Using older versions of Outlook for Mac in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Everyone should send Microsoft feedback to let them know you want this bug fixed.
The more reports they get the higher it gets on the list to be fixed.
I have this same issue, OSX Lion all updates and Outlook 2011 All updates. IT DRIVES ME INSANE. If anyone hears of an actual official fix coming out please post it here.
A funny and weird work-around but a welcome one. I don't really use Outlook and just rely on the exchange features of Mail, iCal, and Address Book. Thanks for finding this.
Crazy this has gone on for so long. I've been watching it for months now.
I was able to find a way to make Outlook 2011 not see these words as misspelled. If you go Apple menu –> System Preferences… –> Language & Text –> Text tab and add the words that come up as being marked as misspelled. Make sure you enter the word and replace it with the same word. So for instance, replace couldn't with couldn't. Outlook will no longer see the words as misspelled.
Agreed and submitted as a feature enhancement request, though technically I'd call it a bug or nuisance. I'm still testing the permutations have noticed
For the record, I'm running Office 2011 with all current patches (OL v14.1.4.111121) on top of OSX 10.7.2 with all current patches on a MacBookPro5,2 (early 2009)