Outlook for Mac keeps asking for password on exchange.

Anonymous
2011-10-25T23:41:47+00:00

Using outlook for Mac 2011 on exchange.  Several note that they are constantly being asked formtheir password when it is stored in keychain.  Outlook will not except the password, even though it is correct.  Web mail is fine and virtual machine in windows with outlook 2010 is fine.  Office is updated to latest version.  I have been getting complaints at an average of 2 new a day.  Help please!

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-12-08T22:01:37+00:00

not sure why this solution is not being spread around more. But to fix this issue, what you have to do it add a "" before your username. for example:

Username: \domain\username

Password: whatever your password is

Make sure you save to your keychain after. This has worked for me. I'm not sure where I found this, but it was a lifesaver. Hope it helps for you!

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-10-27T20:03:27+00:00

The suggestion by Vladimir was about certificates.

I’ve seen this problem numerous times with corrupted Keychain entries.

Outlook stores the password in the Keychain. Launch the /Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access and look for the corresponding entry.

The easiest from there is to delete it (which will allow Outlook to recreate a clean new one next time).

You can also run the Keychain First Aid command from within the application to try and correct any other issue your keychain might have.

Corentin

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-10-24T00:59:18+00:00

    I'm not sure I understand exactly what the problem is.

    You might want to provide more details (and maybe even re-post as a separate thread).

    What's the problem for you? You have to re-enter the password again and again?

    Have you tried any of the tips provided in the thread?? (like deleting the corresponding keychain entry).

    Microsoft doesn't provide free over-the-phone support for Office and this is a forum where most of us are simple users like yourself.

    Corentin

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-10-23T21:34:02+00:00

    I can not my mac book and I phone to accept passwords why can't get some one to talk me on at msn support I'm not happy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-08-28T21:28:58+00:00

    not sure why this solution is not being spread around more. But to fix this issue, what you have to do it add a "" before your username. for example:

    Username: \domain\username

    Password: whatever your password is

    Make sure you save to your keychain after. This has worked for me. I'm not sure where I found this, but it was a lifesaver. Hope it helps for you!

    As always with developers and technies you get vague wooly answers.

    Type it in where?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments