How do I sync Contact photos to Outlook.com

Anonymous
2012-09-22T05:33:53+00:00

Is there a way to have contact pictures sync to Outlook.com Contacts/People? When I use the hotmail connector sync my contacts from Desktop Outlook, the cantacts show in Outlook.com, but without the photos. When I have my phone contacts download from Outlook.com there are no photos shown on the phone. If I assign a photo to a contact on the phone, it does not sync back to outlook.com.

I switched from google to outlook.com, but may have to switch back if I cant find a way to fix the outlook.com contact photos. This worked fine on GMail.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-09-26T04:18:47+00:00

    Hi,

    With the current design of Microsoft Hotmail, photos are not included on those information that will flow when your tansfer contacts contact information either from an email client or phone. In Microsoft Hotmail your contact is the one who can edit or change his/her photo.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-09-26T04:35:55+00:00

    Thanks for the feedback.

    This sounds like outlook.com photos will only show if the user/contact is on outlook.com or if a socail network app is used Facebook/Linkedin.

    Is there any info about when this would be fixed? (setting a photo for a private contact in outlook.com, and having it sync properly). Especially for contacts who dont provide a photo (Linkedin / Facebook). Some people on facebook use photos of their dog or cat as their image...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-09-28T05:10:36+00:00

    Hi Just.me2,

    Currently, we could not provide any information when this feature will be available. However, we forwarded your suggestion to the product group, who appreciates feedback and considers suggestions for a future releases.

    You can also send a Feedback to our product team regarding this feature.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-10-09T18:13:36+00:00

    I have also submitted Feedback pertaining to this issue and would like to see this feature added.  Properly synchronizing is an important feature as it enables users to switch from old accounts and services.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2012-11-10T19:36:46+00:00

    I agree - its awful that you can't set up your contacts the way you want them. Seems we're LOSING functionality instead of gaining it. I don't want a bunch of Obama pictures, Tinkerbell pics, dog pics etc. I especially don't want them popping up on my phone when I'm in public or in a meeting. Nor do I want them changing all the time so I don't know who is what - since they aren't pictures of the people themselves. It's so frustrating. 

    I just want to be able to have the picture I chose for my important contacts show up....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments