How do I sync Contact photos to Outlook.com

Anonymous
2012-09-22T05:33:53+00:00

Is there a way to have contact pictures sync to Outlook.com Contacts/People? When I use the hotmail connector sync my contacts from Desktop Outlook, the cantacts show in Outlook.com, but without the photos. When I have my phone contacts download from Outlook.com there are no photos shown on the phone. If I assign a photo to a contact on the phone, it does not sync back to outlook.com.

I switched from google to outlook.com, but may have to switch back if I cant find a way to fix the outlook.com contact photos. This worked fine on GMail.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-12-18T19:05:22+00:00

    Hi RuslanMS,

    This feature is still currently unavailable in Hotmail but I will forward this suggestion over to our product team as consideration for a future release. You may also provide us this suggestion through this link.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-12-16T17:37:50+00:00

    Please, implement add/edit contact pictures in outlook.com ASAP! This is MUST HAVE feature!

    It's a joke not to have ability not only change, but even to ADD your contact's pictures!

    This is one of the reasons we are still using Gmail along with limited number (just 3) for e-mail addresses per contact.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-12-06T02:23:32+00:00

    Actually the original question had nothing to do with google imports.

    The issue was the fact that Outlook Desktop application contacts with photos assigned do not have the photos synced to Outlook.com online people hub, and thus onward to the Windows Phone. The problem is with the Outlook.com online people hub only showing contact photos for contacts linked to some social network. Local assigned photos (on the Phone or in the Desktop Outlook) do not sync & display in the Outlook online service. It is the break in the chain between the Desktop and the Phone.

    I guess the answer to the question is:

    There is no answer at this time because the Outlook.com people hub lacks this basic capability.

    I know.... the 'feature' may be added in the next release.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-12-05T16:35:55+00:00

    Hi,

    Kindly provide us a screenshot of the issue you've encountered. In order to get a screen shot, follow the link provided below:

    Here are the steps to upload a screenshot:

    1. On the private area of the moderator's post, click Upload a File.
    2. Click Select.
    3. Navigate to where the file you want to upload is saved on your computer and click Submit.

    Note: Please sign-in to this website in order to see the Private Data area below where you can attach the screenshot. We also need you to reply back to this post if you already provided the information on the private data area. Surely, this will help facilitate our actions regarding your issue.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2012-12-04T05:09:28+00:00

    Abigail,

    I'm sorry, I think you're missing the point.  The issue is related to contact photos not being transferred from Google when contacts are imported.

    Andytheonly appears to be submitting an additional complaint implying that he/she added the pictures manually, then lost them, but wishes it was possible to just import them all from Google Contacts.  This would be much easier to keep everyone in sync.

    Clearing cache does not resolve the issue, it does occur on every computer, other Hotmail accounts do encounter the same issue as everyone in this thread has reported it, and I've used several browsers.

    Thanks for trying though!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments