How do I sync Contact photos to Outlook.com

Anonymous
2012-09-22T05:33:53+00:00

Is there a way to have contact pictures sync to Outlook.com Contacts/People? When I use the hotmail connector sync my contacts from Desktop Outlook, the cantacts show in Outlook.com, but without the photos. When I have my phone contacts download from Outlook.com there are no photos shown on the phone. If I assign a photo to a contact on the phone, it does not sync back to outlook.com.

I switched from google to outlook.com, but may have to switch back if I cant find a way to fix the outlook.com contact photos. This worked fine on GMail.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-01-06T17:31:17+00:00

    WRONG!

    The point is, we want to add photo's to a desktop outlook client or mobile client and have the photo change propagated to Outlook.com. At present, it does not work.

    You can't even add a photo to a contact using the People hub in Outlook.com which shows that MS want nothing to do with photo's at all (they'll show linked contact photo's i.e. you link your Gmail account contacts to the people hub and it will 'merge' the records and display the photo's that are held in Gmail).

    Still a joke.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-01-04T22:17:49+00:00

    It DOES work. You have to add photos via the contacts app. They get synced and displayed after that.

    Not with an Outlook.com account. That's the point of the thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-01-04T13:32:18+00:00

    When the original post was made I was still an owner of HTC Radar 4G (WP 7.5), looking back at it your reply isn't what it was. For starters the contact images were never synced with Outlook/Hotmail/Live/MSN or whichever e-mail you own operated by Microsoft.

    We are talking data syncing across multiple platforms here. When I backup my Gmail Contacts and upload the file onto iCloud Contacts everything is synced, including images in most cases. Outlook never had this option, when you uploaded contacts onto Outlook it would import them, but not images. Microsoft design of Contact app was experimental and stupid, lacking practicality.

    In the end, this never seemed to be properly address, as I doubt anyone at Microsoft actually uses their mobile operating system, seeing how poorly made it is.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-01-04T12:50:02+00:00

    It DOES work. You have to add photos via the contacts app. They get synced and displayed after that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-09-13T01:59:34+00:00

    The pathetically funny and sad part is that even the basic of phones with homebrew operating systems, support the ability of having custom images for contacts. Such function is now commonly used with e-mail clients and services where you can sync profile images of contacts between the service provider and the phone. I love getting replies to this thread as it makes me laugh at stupidity of Windows Phone operating system. The stupidity comes from the fact that not only is this a very basic feature it's very easy to add. Since Microsoft did buy Nokia, did they never learned that Nokia's N50 and Symbian operating systems both supported custom profile images for contacts? For hell's sakes, some of the old Flip phones have this option. Android and Apple did a stunning job of creating a unique platform for there products. Microsoft tried this with Windows 10, and failed. In fact I'm just gonna keep on using Windows 7. 

    Microsoft will never learn from Apple or Google who assure their products play nicely together. BlackBerry does not have this, but its able to import contact images from LinkedIn which is more or less pretty professional images for contacts. However, even so they may not have ability to upload images online and have them as contact images on your phone, BlackBerry OS10 still offers ability to add images for each contact instead of relying on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.

    Microsoft is a major failure when it comes to customer feedback.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments