How do I sync Contact photos to Outlook.com

Anonymous
2012-09-22T05:33:53+00:00

Is there a way to have contact pictures sync to Outlook.com Contacts/People? When I use the hotmail connector sync my contacts from Desktop Outlook, the cantacts show in Outlook.com, but without the photos. When I have my phone contacts download from Outlook.com there are no photos shown on the phone. If I assign a photo to a contact on the phone, it does not sync back to outlook.com.

I switched from google to outlook.com, but may have to switch back if I cant find a way to fix the outlook.com contact photos. This worked fine on GMail.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-08-11T06:45:12+00:00

    Hello Everyone,

    Please be reminded that this feature is still not available. It would be best to forward this suggestion to our Product Team for future release. You could provide feedback thru this link.

    Regards,

    Joshua Rafael S.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-08-09T10:39:22+00:00

    This is definitely still an issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-08-09T01:27:57+00:00

    is this still the situation as of August 2013?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-25T23:28:28+00:00

    I agree with you on this one. Imagine if one of your contacts puts on **** or maybe some pornography, and your phone syncs that data. Now imagine being on bus and having people look at you like you are some social outcast or major pervert. I never had this things with me but this is probably either happen or will happen if they continue using Social Networking images. People don't really think that there social image is used as some ones picture for a contact so they use whatever they feel like is appropriate. And I dough this feature will see the day of light. Note how every mod here posts same generic reply: We will let the blaha blaha blaha blaha team know. Really? Some posts here date from 2012 and this feature still hasn't been added. Its also pathetic how "webmail" clients like Roundcube which come free with most Website Hosting packages offer contact images + Google import with images + sync to android, ios and others.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-05-22T03:03:12+00:00

    It's ridiculous to not be able to:

    1.  Sync photos of contacts from Outlook on the PC to matching Outlook.com People, and;

    2.  Sync photos of contacts from Outlook.com People to matching Windows Phone People, and;

    3.  Vice-versa!

    Come on, this is 2013!  If you really want to compete with Google/Gmail ... you have to "COMPETE" with Google/Gmail!  Get with it!

    I'm tired of seeing pictures of dogs, cats, birds, children, vacation pix, family photos, cars, motorcycles, airplanes, tractors, sports team logos, and sunsets/sunrises in place of the people I'm either calling or being called by as these are the social media profile pictures YOU have relegated me to viewing because you ONLY allow those pictures to automatically populate!  Absurd!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments