How do I sync Contact photos to Outlook.com

Anonymous
2012-09-22T05:33:53+00:00

Is there a way to have contact pictures sync to Outlook.com Contacts/People? When I use the hotmail connector sync my contacts from Desktop Outlook, the cantacts show in Outlook.com, but without the photos. When I have my phone contacts download from Outlook.com there are no photos shown on the phone. If I assign a photo to a contact on the phone, it does not sync back to outlook.com.

I switched from google to outlook.com, but may have to switch back if I cant find a way to fix the outlook.com contact photos. This worked fine on GMail.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-12-04T05:09:28+00:00

    Abigail,

    I'm sorry, I think you're missing the point.  The issue is related to contact photos not being transferred from Google when contacts are imported.

    Andytheonly appears to be submitting an additional complaint implying that he/she added the pictures manually, then lost them, but wishes it was possible to just import them all from Google Contacts.  This would be much easier to keep everyone in sync.

    Clearing cache does not resolve the issue, it does occur on every computer, other Hotmail accounts do encounter the same issue as everyone in this thread has reported it, and I've used several browsers.

    Thanks for trying though!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-12-02T14:47:18+00:00

    Hi,

    Hi,

    To isolate the issue, please clear your browser cache to ensure that your browser isn't contributing to the issue.

    For help with Internet Explorer, kindly visit the Solution Article below on how to do this:

    **How to optimize Internet Explorer to work with Hotmail**

    ****http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/hotmail/optimize-internet-explorer


    For other browser, please refer to this **link**.


    **http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache**


    ****If you're using other browser (Firefox, Google Chrome and etc.), please see its help section.

    I also recommend that you enable your account to always use HTTPS when logging in to Hotmail. Please follow the steps below to enable HTTPS for your Hotmail account:

    1. Log into Hotmail.
    2. Navigate to your Inbox.
    3. In the upper right corner of the page, select Options and More options.
    4. Under the Customizing Hotmail section select Advanced privacy setting. ****5. Under the Using HTTPS for Extra Security section select Go to HTTPS settings.
    5. Sign in with your Hotmail account if prompted.
    6. You should now be on a page titled Connect with HTTPS. Click the button to enable Use HTTPS automatically (please see the note above).
    7. Click Save and you will be returned to your Inbox.

    If the issue persists, we’d like you to provide us the answers to the following questions that I have enumerated below. These will help us to investigate your concern:

    ·         Does the issue happen when using a different computer?

    ·         Do other Hotmail accounts encounter the same issue when using your computer?

    ·         Does the same thing happen when you access your account from the same computer with a different browser?  

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-12-01T05:24:10+00:00

    Its amazing that we have gone backwards. I used to have photos on contacts..now they are ALL GONE. Where did they go? No one knows. Outlook.com has no outlook until this is FIXED. Listen to everyone who will ultimately all revert or sign with Gmail/Google. It can be a painstaking process for some to gather all these personal photos to produce a proper Contacts list. One would have assumed its integrity will be intact over time....apparently not. I am very hesitant about product updates from Microsoft...never know if it will just take you backwards rather than forwards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-11-28T03:43:30+00:00

    I can do this on Windows Phone but not in the web browser? Are you kidding me?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2012-11-12T15:58:04+00:00

    Hi Alpha-Male,

    The feature you are inquiring about is really a great idea and would be a nice feature to have. I will submit this request to our product team.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments