Mac Mail - Problems Sync'ing Inbox with IMAP Hotmail

Anonymous
2013-09-24T00:01:21+00:00

I'm having a problem in syncing my hotmail e-mails through IMAP on Mail for mac.

I've followed the steps in **How to set up Mac Mail to sync your Outlook.com account**to set up my mail in Mail for mac and it seemed to work. The initial sync worked fine, but then after I tried to copy/paste a load of my old POP3 mail from the same hotmail account into the IMAP mailbox, I have started to get issues where Mac Mail never finishes sync'ing. I now have had no new email land in my inbox for 5 days !   :-(

All the folders under the inbox and all the other mail items such as sent, drafts, junk etc are synchronising but none of the new e-mails in the inbox are showing up.

Can someone please guide me as to what this issue could be and how to fix it ?   I keep occasionally getting the "error 9" messages that other people have received, but mainly I just see the 'activity monitor' sat there saying "Synchronizing with server" for hours on end and then it appears to stop.

The inbox currently has around 3.5k mails inside, but I have approx 7k I still need to *copy* into this mailbox from my old POP3 mailbox archive.

I have tried shutting down mail and deleting the .OfflineCache folder as per certain blog posts, but to no avail. I have also tried to offline/online the account as well as "enable/disable" the account from inside Mac Mail preferences.

Mac OS X v10.8.5

Mac Mail v6.6

Any help is very much appreciated.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category***

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-12-05T04:36:57+00:00

    Hello Everyone,

    Thank you for posting and I'm sorry for the late response.

    Please be informed that this thread has been escalated to support specialist. You may create your own thread so a moderator can assist you as soon as possible.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-28T05:01:04+00:00

    I'm having the same issue, and also occasionally a new one in regards a UID Server issue while deleting emails.

    Please help us to solve this issue Microsoft team.

    Regards

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-14T15:50:57+00:00

    I encounter the same issue. please help microsoft team.

    following error message is shown, when moving mails into subfolders:

    An attempt to read data from server „imap.glbdns2.microsoft.com“ has failed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-11-13T06:54:19+00:00

    I also encountered the same problem... any ideas... genius microsoft developers...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-10-26T07:09:25+00:00

    I have set up hotmail IMAP on my mac mail but when I delete emails on mac mail, it is not reflected in hotmail itself nor on the iPhone. Is anyone encountering this issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments