Unable to send email to group. Getting an error message about incorrect format of email address.

Anonymous
2013-09-18T14:49:13+00:00

I tried to send an email to a group.  I got an error message in red:  "Please use the following format for email addresses: . . ." but I know of no way to look at my group list and see which email is spelled wrong, missing a letter or has any other problem. I'm really frustrated since this is an important email.

Original title: Blocked from sending a group email, but can't fix it.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-09-25T07:30:35+00:00

    Hello NonprofitGlen,

    Thank you for posting back.

    If you cannot see the notification for your private messages, you may click on the Private Messages tab beside the All Replies to view the private messages sent by the moderators.

    If you have other questions, please post back.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-09-25T01:54:53+00:00

    I'm apparently signed in, (for one thing, there's a blue clickable line of type that says "sign out" in the far upper right hand corner).  Like I said in my last email, I can't find a place where it says "you have a private reply to this message."

    For example, is this a such a private message or is it elsewhere:


    Hello NonprofitGlen,

    Thank you for getting back to us. We are happy to help you again with your concern.

    You're asking where you can find the notification. Please make sure that you are signed in to the Microsoft Community for you to be able to see the notification.

    We have checked the private message and we can see that you already replied to previous private that we sent message to you. Kindly confirm to us if you are able to see now the private message.

    If you need further assistance, let us know.

    Regards,

    Carissa J.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-09-25T01:37:23+00:00

    Hello NonprofitGlen,

    Thank you for getting back to us. We are happy to help you again with your concern.

    You're asking where you can find the notification. Please make sure that you are signed in to the Microsoft Community for you to be able to see the notification.

    We have checked the private message and we can see that you already replied to previous private that we sent message to you. Kindly confirm to us if you are able to see now the private message.

    If you need further assistance, let us know.

    Regards,

    Carissa J.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-09-24T15:47:09+00:00

    Hi Edmund,

    Thank you for responding.

    You say above:

    Thank you for your response. In order to view the response, you need to click the notification that states “You have a private reply to this message. Click here to read it on our secure private messages section."

    Where do I find that notification so I can click on it?  I've spent ten minutes looking for it and don't see it anywhere, and nothing else I tried got me to your private message.

    I'd appreciate your help.

    nonprofitGlen

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-09-24T14:15:22+00:00

    Hi,

    I have sent you a private message.

    Please check the private message area.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments