Organizing and accessing contact information in Outlook.com
still having this problem - cannot even get a list of addresses in the group, have to recheck each one
very very bad, need help
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I tried to send an email to a group. I got an error message in red: "Please use the following format for email addresses: . . ." but I know of no way to look at my group list and see which email is spelled wrong, missing a letter or has any other problem. I'm really frustrated since this is an important email.
Original title: Blocked from sending a group email, but can't fix it.
Organizing and accessing contact information in Outlook.com
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
still having this problem - cannot even get a list of addresses in the group, have to recheck each one
very very bad, need help
I too am having this same problem and I cant seem to find any answers! Very very frustrating! Can someone PLEASE help me! I need to get these email sent ASAP!
Thanks!
Can someone guide me through the same process as OFSO and others. I too have a group I need to send monthly e-mails to, and every time I try and "send" I receive in red print that my address format of a particular address is wrong. When I try to remove it the message moves to another address and so on. This is so frustrating, and please if I receive a reply explain to me in detail what to do as I am not very computer savvy.
Thank you
Hello DenDeb,
Welcome to the forum! We understand that you are also getting the same error about incorrect format of address when sending emails to your Groups. We'll assist you on this issue.
We are pleased to hear that you proactively find a way to send the email to the affected contacts. If you will continue to receive the same error message when sending emails to that group, please try to expand the contacts of the group by clicking the plus (+) sign beside the group name and click Send.
Since you mentioned that the email went through when you deleted the affected contacts, we'd like to ask for the following information:
Please post all this information in the private message tab we have initiated for you. The red link for the private message should be found above your post after you have signed in to this page. Only you and the moderators of this forum can access that private message tab so you need not to worry about your account’s security.
Please follow the instructions in the articles below on how to capture a screenshot.
If you are using a Mac computer, you need to contact their respective support for assistance on getting a screenshot.
Here are the steps to upload a screenshot:
Your cooperation and prompt response will be highly appreciated. We’ll look forward to your reply.
Thank you.
I'm having the same error. It did give a few letters of the email address that was a problem. I deleted that email address and it then showed the next one, etc. When I deleted from the first one to the end of my list, it worked fine. I then sent a separate email to the dozen or so that I had to delete. Could it be a problem with the size of my group? None of the emails were formatted incorrectly and I used to use this group list without a problem. I have 255 contacts in the list. Should I break the list into two? Please advise.