Unable to send email to group. Getting an error message about incorrect format of email address.

Anonymous
2013-09-18T14:49:13+00:00

I tried to send an email to a group.  I got an error message in red:  "Please use the following format for email addresses: . . ." but I know of no way to look at my group list and see which email is spelled wrong, missing a letter or has any other problem. I'm really frustrated since this is an important email.

Original title: Blocked from sending a group email, but can't fix it.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-08-11T05:17:47+00:00

    I am suddenly having the same issue as tupperchick with sending a group e-mail.  I get and error saying that it cannot be sent right now and to try again later.  It does not give any other information about what the error is or why I am getting it.  It is very frustrating.  I have been sending to these groups for years.  This is why I hate "updates".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-07-29T03:33:48+00:00

    I have to do the same thing - make a manual list from the group lists and enter them individually. VERY time consuming and should be unneccesary.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-07-27T19:20:18+00:00

    I have the same problem -- not sure what emails need to be corrected have to go through entire group.

    also cannot even list the group - have to make a manual list and go one by one to the contacts

    I also think Outlook may be causing the problem --by adding company name and brackets to the email

    HELP

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-07-27T15:53:06+00:00

    Your missing the point.  I understand what a correct format is.  The group list has worked before but now it doesn't.  Nor does it help me see any way that I can find the emails that don't have the correct format and fix them other than going thru the entire list one by one and seeing if that's one of the broken addresses. And like several other changes to Outlook, there was no warning, no method to meet a new standard, and no help at fixing this after the change.  I won't stay with Outlook if this can't be fixed.

    Amen

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-07-27T01:54:11+00:00

    I am having a problem with group emails. They show in my sent folder as your request can't be sent try again later. How do i know what the error is? Is it an incorrect email address or too many emails. Neither of these should be the case as i have be sending these group emails for ages.

    They also stay in my drafts folder.

    I know how to check the email addresses (very time consuming).

    I am finding this whole new set up very frustrating and time consuming.

    So many issues. Not sure what genius decided this would be a good idea

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments