Unable to send email to group. Getting an error message about incorrect format of email address.

Anonymous
2013-09-18T14:49:13+00:00

I tried to send an email to a group.  I got an error message in red:  "Please use the following format for email addresses: . . ." but I know of no way to look at my group list and see which email is spelled wrong, missing a letter or has any other problem. I'm really frustrated since this is an important email.

Original title: Blocked from sending a group email, but can't fix it.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-08-12T20:37:09+00:00

    I am disagreeing with ZigZag. Most of the email addresses I had in my group had characters and symbols that were fine a few months ago until the ridiculous change by Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2016-08-12T01:21:51+00:00

    Are you agreeing with Zigzag about what characters are allowed in email addresses and disagreeing with my claim that many special characters are allowed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-08-12T00:32:53+00:00

    That's BS. I have been sending my group messages for at least 5 years with no problems until the last 2 months.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2016-08-11T17:15:43+00:00

    > The correct format is ******@somewhere.com and can only contain letters and

    > numbers.  SPecial characters arent allowed.

    Not true. Periods, plus signs, minuses, and underscores are all valid email address characters. I'm pretty sure Outlook.com allows those characters because my accounts contain some of them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-08-11T13:54:39+00:00

    Ever since Microsoft and Outlook did these ridiculous upgrades, my email is slow and will not allow me to send important group messages. Microsoft is no help at all and will not respond to me. I did have 2 so called Techs from some foreign country try to assist but could not figure it out. I would lose too much to try and move to a different carrier.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments