Unable to send email to group. Getting an error message about incorrect format of email address.

Anonymous
2013-09-18T14:49:13+00:00

I tried to send an email to a group.  I got an error message in red:  "Please use the following format for email addresses: . . ." but I know of no way to look at my group list and see which email is spelled wrong, missing a letter or has any other problem. I'm really frustrated since this is an important email.

Original title: Blocked from sending a group email, but can't fix it.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-08-23T13:02:18+00:00

    When I try to send a group mailing, I get a message that says "the message can't be sent right now. Please try again later." Later never comes. Every effort to mail it gets the message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-08-23T12:46:02+00:00

    All I can say is that two technicians from Microsoft/Outlook took over my computer. went through the entire group mail contacts and could not fix the problem. Disappointing

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-08-23T08:36:06+00:00

    are you reading that which you are replying to? they clearly say that the offending address is not identified, that is the whole point. in theory all we would have to do is make a correction and all would be well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-08-23T08:29:16+00:00

    agree totally, group mails have been messed up. before 'improvements' all group people had the email apart from the wrong addressee and they were identified, how can outlook expect to guess which of the multiple addresses are incorrect. disappointing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-08-16T20:55:33+00:00

    There is nothing to share. The 97 contacts in the golf group mail have standard characters as seen in all email addresses. Nothing out of the ordinary, yet I still cannot send the group messages.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments