Unable to send email to group. Getting an error message about incorrect format of email address.

Anonymous
2013-09-18T14:49:13+00:00

I tried to send an email to a group.  I got an error message in red:  "Please use the following format for email addresses: . . ." but I know of no way to look at my group list and see which email is spelled wrong, missing a letter or has any other problem. I'm really frustrated since this is an important email.

Original title: Blocked from sending a group email, but can't fix it.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-08-23T08:29:16+00:00

    agree totally, group mails have been messed up. before 'improvements' all group people had the email apart from the wrong addressee and they were identified, how can outlook expect to guess which of the multiple addresses are incorrect. disappointing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-08-16T20:55:33+00:00

    There is nothing to share. The 97 contacts in the golf group mail have standard characters as seen in all email addresses. Nothing out of the ordinary, yet I still cannot send the group messages.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2016-08-16T17:05:03+00:00

    I can't figure out why you won't share the characters. I'd be glad to test an address of the same form of you would.

    However, if you do't want to say what characters you use, fine. I'll bow out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-08-15T14:13:09+00:00

    Characters and symbols have not been a problem. Hope that answers your question. My group message contains about 97 contacts that, in the past, I was able to send messages to these members about important golf event dates etc... There has never been a contact sent back as an error or unable to send due to any characters. Ever since Microsoft/Outlook changed the system, I cannot send out these group messages. In the upper right corner it will say error cannot send try again...Has never worked since.. Twp Techs were contacted and actually took over my computer but could not fix the problem or had an explanation of why the problem exists.

    I still do not understand why there is a problem..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2016-08-15T01:36:55+00:00

    Care to answer the question?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments