Unable to send email to group. Getting an error message about incorrect format of email address.

Anonymous
2013-09-18T14:49:13+00:00

I tried to send an email to a group.  I got an error message in red:  "Please use the following format for email addresses: . . ." but I know of no way to look at my group list and see which email is spelled wrong, missing a letter or has any other problem. I'm really frustrated since this is an important email.

Original title: Blocked from sending a group email, but can't fix it.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-30T05:06:25+00:00

    Hello DenDeb,

    Welcome to the forum! We understand that you are also getting the same error about incorrect format of address when sending emails to your Groups. We'll assist you on this issue.

    We are pleased to hear that you proactively find a way to send the email to the affected contacts. If you will continue to receive the same error message when sending emails to that group, please try to expand the contacts of the group by clicking the plus (+) sign beside the group name and click Send.

    Since you mentioned that the email went through when you deleted the affected contacts, we'd like to ask for the following information:

    • Your email address.
    • The email address that you deleted from the group.
    • The group name.
    • Screenshot of the error message.
    • The exact steps that you've taken that led to the error.

    Please post all this information in the private message tab we have initiated for you. The red link for the private message should be found above your post after you have signed in to this page. Only you and the moderators of this forum can access that private message tab so you need not to worry about your account’s security.

    Please follow the instructions in the articles below on how to capture a screenshot.

    If you are using a Mac computer, you need to contact their respective support for assistance on getting a screenshot.

    Here are the steps to upload a screenshot:

    1. In the private message tab, click Upload a File.
    2. Click Select.
    3. Navigate to where the file you want to upload is saved on your computer and click Submit.

    Your cooperation and prompt response will be highly appreciated. We’ll look forward to your reply.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-29T03:32:35+00:00

    I'm having the same error.  It did give a few letters of the email address that was a problem.  I deleted that email address and it then showed the next one, etc.  When I deleted from the first one to the end of my list, it worked fine.  I then sent a separate email to the dozen or so that I had to delete.  Could it be a problem with the size of my group?  None of the emails were formatted incorrectly and I used to use this group list without a problem.  I have 255 contacts in the list.  Should I break the list into two?  Please advise.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-09-25T07:30:35+00:00

    Hello NonprofitGlen,

    Thank you for posting back.

    If you cannot see the notification for your private messages, you may click on the Private Messages tab beside the All Replies to view the private messages sent by the moderators.

    If you have other questions, please post back.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-09-25T01:54:53+00:00

    I'm apparently signed in, (for one thing, there's a blue clickable line of type that says "sign out" in the far upper right hand corner).  Like I said in my last email, I can't find a place where it says "you have a private reply to this message."

    For example, is this a such a private message or is it elsewhere:


    Hello NonprofitGlen,

    Thank you for getting back to us. We are happy to help you again with your concern.

    You're asking where you can find the notification. Please make sure that you are signed in to the Microsoft Community for you to be able to see the notification.

    We have checked the private message and we can see that you already replied to previous private that we sent message to you. Kindly confirm to us if you are able to see now the private message.

    If you need further assistance, let us know.

    Regards,

    Carissa J.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-09-25T01:37:23+00:00

    Hello NonprofitGlen,

    Thank you for getting back to us. We are happy to help you again with your concern.

    You're asking where you can find the notification. Please make sure that you are signed in to the Microsoft Community for you to be able to see the notification.

    We have checked the private message and we can see that you already replied to previous private that we sent message to you. Kindly confirm to us if you are able to see now the private message.

    If you need further assistance, let us know.

    Regards,

    Carissa J.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments