How to delete a message that stays in the outbox after an error message while sending?

Anonymous
2011-07-12T09:22:27+00:00

I tried to send an email message but got an error because the address of one of the recipients was not correct. The message has not been sent, and next to my outbox I see the figure 1, so it's probably still in there. But when I click the outbox, I do not see any message in the messages list. And it's not blocking the sending of any new messages.

I already tried Working Offline, but this seems only to work on Windows PC's, not with Outlook 2011. What to do?

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-07-14T03:29:48+00:00

Try this:

Open the AppleScript Editor found in /Applications/Utilities. Paste in the following three lines:

tell application "Microsoft Outlook"

delete every message of outbox

end tell

Click the Run button at the top and this should delete every message in your Outbox.

Hope this helps!

Was this answer helpful?

8 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-10-17T10:42:05+00:00

This looks strange... are you sure you have an unsent message in Outbox?

Try the following script:

tell application "Microsoft Outlook"

repeat with msg from 1 to number of messages in outbox

tell message msg of outbox

set str to "Message " & msg & " with subject '" & subject & "' is in outbox"

display dialog str

end tell

end repeat

end tell


Cheers,

Filipe

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

38 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-09-03T23:47:48+00:00

    See this link for help with error -17099

    http://www.office.mvps.org/error/number.html#error-17099

    Google Sending limits

    Google will temporarily disable your account if you send messages to more than 500 recipients or if you send a large number of undeliverable messages. If you use a POP1 or IMAP2 client (Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail, e.g.), you may only send a message to 100 people at a time.

    more info

    http://google.wikia.com/wiki/Gmail_sending_limit

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-09-04T02:34:44+00:00

    That's great, thankyou. I split the large group into 2 with about 60 addresses in each group and it works fine. Sending to this group worked fine using Outlook 2003 on a PC though????

    Anyway, I am still left with an email in my outbox which will not send and which I cannot delete. Any ideas?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments