How to delete a message that stays in the outbox after an error message while sending?

Anonymous
2011-07-12T09:22:27+00:00

I tried to send an email message but got an error because the address of one of the recipients was not correct. The message has not been sent, and next to my outbox I see the figure 1, so it's probably still in there. But when I click the outbox, I do not see any message in the messages list. And it's not blocking the sending of any new messages.

I already tried Working Offline, but this seems only to work on Windows PC's, not with Outlook 2011. What to do?

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-07-14T03:29:48+00:00

Try this:

Open the AppleScript Editor found in /Applications/Utilities. Paste in the following three lines:

tell application "Microsoft Outlook"

delete every message of outbox

end tell

Click the Run button at the top and this should delete every message in your Outbox.

Hope this helps!

Was this answer helpful?

8 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-10-17T10:42:05+00:00

This looks strange... are you sure you have an unsent message in Outbox?

Try the following script:

tell application "Microsoft Outlook"

repeat with msg from 1 to number of messages in outbox

tell message msg of outbox

set str to "Message " & msg & " with subject '" & subject & "' is in outbox"

display dialog str

end tell

end repeat

end tell


Cheers,

Filipe

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

38 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-08-28T18:40:12+00:00

    Thank-you for the help.  Only thing when I tried it, I needed to hit the record button before typing the 3 lines on my MAC.  Saved loosing my computer to IT for a week.  :)

    Try this:

    Open the AppleScript Editor found in /Applications/Utilities. Hit the record button. Paste in the following three lines:

    tell application "Microsoft Outlook"

    delete every message of outbox

    end tell

    Click the Run button at the top and this should delete every message in your Outbox.

    Hope this helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-09-21T17:47:13+00:00

    Unfortunately it didn't work. 

    I have tried also to rebuild the main identity, but nothing works.

    What I got is this:

    Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0

    Error Signature:

    Exception: EXC_CRASH (SIGTRAP)

    Date/Time: 2012-09-21 12:12:08 -0400

    Application Name: Microsoft Outlook copy

    Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Outlook

    Application Signature: OPIM

    Application Version: 14.2.3.120616

    Crashed Module Name: merp

    Crashed Module Version: 2.2.4.120824

    Crashed Module Offset: 0x00003aa2

    Blame Module Name: Microsoft Outlook

    Blame Module Version: 14.2.3.120616

    Blame Module Offset: 0x0007e816

    Application LCID: 1033

    Extra app info: Reg=en Loc=0x0409

    Crashed thread: 7

    Any help?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments