Can't save Outlook messages to file. 'Save as' is greyed out.

Anonymous
2012-02-04T10:41:40+00:00

I am using Office for mac 2011 under OS X version 10.7.2.

I cannot 'save' or' save as' Outlook email messages or attachments. PowerPoint, Excel and Word documents save normally. In Outlook "Save as" is permanently greyed out and cannot be selected. Save is not greyed out but does not react to instructions.

Any idea what the problem is and how to fix it.

I bought the software in November on line and this problem has existed for about a month.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-02-05T02:18:01+00:00

Unfortunately, this is not an option in Outlook 2011.

If this is a feature you’d like to see in future versions of Office for Mac, be sure to send your feedback by clicking “Help” > “Send Feedback…” in any Office application or by clicking on the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/product-feedback

As a workaround, if you want to save the emails, you may simply drag the email from the Outlook window to the desktop or any other location. That will save the complete email itself.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-03-01T08:31:42+00:00

I have the same problem and concern! I find this issue unbeleivable. I moved from windows to mac to find this office issue unacceptale!

This has to be corrected at once.

How can we manage the emails we receive in order to have them properly filed?

I can not beleive tha Microsoft could be so irresponsile in such basic issue

Was this answer helpful?

7 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-03-29T22:44:15+00:00

    Dragging a message from Outlook to Desktop will create a .eml file. Now you can save it to a folder.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-08-11T14:48:31+00:00

    The simplest way to save an email is to choose File | Print | PDF | Save as PDF. However, If you are using Office 2011, you can only save to selected locations. If you have Office 2016, you can actually save to specific folders.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-10-24T09:08:16+00:00

    It is frustrating not to be able to select 30 e-mails and have their attachments saved to a file.

    I cannot believe that we are now supposed to request that Microsoft INCLUDE this "feature" in future versions when it was a feature in prior versions!!

    We seem perpetually to be going backwards on the Mac side of Office.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments