Can't save Outlook messages to file. 'Save as' is greyed out.

Anonymous
2012-02-04T10:41:40+00:00

I am using Office for mac 2011 under OS X version 10.7.2.

I cannot 'save' or' save as' Outlook email messages or attachments. PowerPoint, Excel and Word documents save normally. In Outlook "Save as" is permanently greyed out and cannot be selected. Save is not greyed out but does not react to instructions.

Any idea what the problem is and how to fix it.

I bought the software in November on line and this problem has existed for about a month.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-02-05T02:18:01+00:00

Unfortunately, this is not an option in Outlook 2011.

If this is a feature you’d like to see in future versions of Office for Mac, be sure to send your feedback by clicking “Help” > “Send Feedback…” in any Office application or by clicking on the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/product-feedback

As a workaround, if you want to save the emails, you may simply drag the email from the Outlook window to the desktop or any other location. That will save the complete email itself.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-03-01T08:31:42+00:00

I have the same problem and concern! I find this issue unbeleivable. I moved from windows to mac to find this office issue unacceptale!

This has to be corrected at once.

How can we manage the emails we receive in order to have them properly filed?

I can not beleive tha Microsoft could be so irresponsile in such basic issue

Was this answer helpful?

7 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-20T19:08:52+00:00

    Is this still not available.  I am new to MAC as of February.  Have been PC user for years.  I find it ludicrous that this basic feature is lacking in Outlook on a Mac.

    What is the holdup with this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-01-17T21:56:11+00:00

    It is now 2015 and this has still not been fixed. The claim that it's not supposed to be a feature is belied by the fact that "Save As . . ." is on the menu, although grayed out, isn't it? If it weren't supposed to be a feature it wouldn't be there. And it's not true that "Save As" is only for attachments. On a P.C. It saves the whole email, like the .eml file you get when you drag onto the desktop. This really is shabby, Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-07-16T19:16:52+00:00

    Ok, let's not make excuses for weak planning. Feature lists are a plan when implemented and advertised. Otherwise they are just wishes. We all (HUMANS) have those.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments