My reading of the Outlook for Mac 2016 sales pitch seems to suggest we can now save incoming email messages and single or multiple attachments to file or to portable hard drives.
Does anyone know if this is true? Have you tried it?
I am not prepared to invest in another Office package if it does not contain this critical feature.
It's not true. That's available in Outlook for Windows, but not in the Mac version.
In Outlook 2016 for Mac, everything goes to ~/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook/Outlook 15 Profiles/Main Profile
Corentin
Progress!!!
I have just tried it again using a new Office 365 Outlook for Mac v15.36.1 on my laptop and "Save As" now works. For the first time in 5 years I can now save the covering email, plus Word docs and
pdf attachments straight to a specific subsidiary folder within my personal Documents general folder (quaintly called my filing system), just as we used to do.
Unfortunately, I still cannot do it on my desktop computer which uses Outlook for Mac 2011 v14.7.3. Only attachments can be saved and even then not to a specific subsidiary folder.
If anyone has a new 'purchased' copy of Outlook for Mac 2016 on their computer, can you see if this modification works on that?
I still have my trusty old Mac PowerPC over in the corner as a backup, and Office 2004 (Outlook was called Entourage in those days) is still working and enables me to 'Save As' emails and all attachments
in the way 365 does today.
Brian