Can't save Outlook messages to file. 'Save as' is greyed out.

Anonymous
2012-02-04T10:41:40+00:00

I am using Office for mac 2011 under OS X version 10.7.2.

I cannot 'save' or' save as' Outlook email messages or attachments. PowerPoint, Excel and Word documents save normally. In Outlook "Save as" is permanently greyed out and cannot be selected. Save is not greyed out but does not react to instructions.

Any idea what the problem is and how to fix it.

I bought the software in November on line and this problem has existed for about a month.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-02-05T02:18:01+00:00

Unfortunately, this is not an option in Outlook 2011.

If this is a feature you’d like to see in future versions of Office for Mac, be sure to send your feedback by clicking “Help” > “Send Feedback…” in any Office application or by clicking on the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/product-feedback

As a workaround, if you want to save the emails, you may simply drag the email from the Outlook window to the desktop or any other location. That will save the complete email itself.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-03-01T08:31:42+00:00

I have the same problem and concern! I find this issue unbeleivable. I moved from windows to mac to find this office issue unacceptale!

This has to be corrected at once.

How can we manage the emails we receive in order to have them properly filed?

I can not beleive tha Microsoft could be so irresponsile in such basic issue

Was this answer helpful?

7 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-12-15T23:09:09+00:00

    I am using Office for Mac 2011 and in this version if you click on 'Message' at the top of the screen scroll down to 'Attachments' there is a Save All

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-10-15T02:47:23+00:00

    I am using 2015 Office for MAC and still can't Save As....!!! This is unbelieveable!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Jim G 134.1K Reputation points MVP
    2015-04-21T13:35:11+00:00

    Hi RA

    This is a peer-to-peer forum. Even us moderators are just users like yourself. We don't know what the priorities are at Microsoft. We do know we can influence the priority by sending feedback to the Microsoft product managers using this form:

    http://www.microsoft.com/mac/product-feedback

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments