I opened an incognito window in chrome, cleared the cache, made sure that 3rd party cookies are accepted and then went to https://tes.live.com. The sequence that followed is as follows:
- I enter the amblyomoron1 account name
- I am asked if I want to use the Business/School account or the Personal account. I select the personal account
- I authorize the connection with Microsoft Authenticator
- Next, I am asked if I want to download the desktop app or continue in the web browser. Since you insisted on my using Chrome, I chose to continue in the browser
- I then get a screen that I will describe, rather than provide a screen shot, given that I would have to obfuscate the key parts in any case:
<Microsoft logo> Microsoft
amblyomoron2
Sign in
You're already signed in.
amblyomoron1
Remain signed in with this account. <an option to select on which I can click>
Sign out and sign in with a different account <a second option on which I can click>
A comment: I do not understand this screen, as a) amblyomoron2 has not been mentioned or entered anywhere; and b) it is not at all clear if the message means that I am signed in as amblyomoron1 or amblyomoron2
If I select the first option, exactly the same screen is displayed again. I am in an endless loop.
If I select the second option, I get a screen with:
Sign in
That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one.
amblyomoron2
No account? Create one!Sign in with a security key
<to be continued>