Teams displays wrong email account after I have logged in.

Anonymous
2021-06-08T11:43:17+00:00

When I sign in to use Teams, I use an account named "******@mydomain.com". I use the Microsoft Authenticator to authenticate my identity. The login usually succeeds. I am using the Linux version of Teams. I am not accessing Teams in a browser.

After logging in to Teams, my account is displayed using a different email address, "******@somedomain.com". I do not know from where this other account comes, but I definitely want to remove all reference to it. How do I get rid of that erroneous reference to that account???

I should mention, too, that when someone invites me to a Teams meeting using "******@mydomain.com", the URL I receive never leads me to enter the meeting. I can log in to Teams using that URL, but I never see the meeting to which I have been invited.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams Free | Sign up and Sign in | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-08T15:59:30+00:00

    Madame, would you be so kind as to create a different thread so that neither of us are confused by answers to our distinct issues?
    Many thanks in advance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-09T06:20:54+00:00

    Thanks for your reply.

    To isolate the issue with your user profile, please try to create a new user account and install the Teams app to the new account.

    Now, sign in with your Teams free account and check the outcome.

    To know how to Create a New User in Linux, see

    https://linuxize.com/post/how-to-create-users-i...

    Disclaimer:

    Note: Link shared in this conversation is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Regards

    Nik

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-09T06:21:07+00:00

    PS: This is a Microsoft public peer-to-peer forum. I'm a fellow community advisor(not Microsoft) to help other community members with their issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-09T06:49:12+00:00

    Well, I ran Teams on a completely different machine, a Windows computer. But that version of Teams (the latest, installed today), does not display the email address under the current user name.

    I am not sure what you mean by "install Teams to the new account". Teams is installed once on the computer (in usr/bin/teams, as one might expect). It can be run from any linux account. There is no installation specific to any linux account.

    As for the .config files relevant to Teams, I grepped the whole branch and found no case of that wrong email address appearing.

    Anyway, I did what you asked: I created a new account on my linux computer and set up Teams to run on that account. The result was the same. The incorrect email address appears under the account name.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-09T08:19:39+00:00

    I'll look further into this. It sounds unusual unless there has been some change to your Microsoft account recently or due to cache login on the system.

    Could you please click on the profile pic and share with me the screenshot?

    Also, click on profile pic > Manage account and share another screenshot.

    Please blur or mask any sensitive/personal information before sharing the screenshot on the community forum.

    Regards

    Nik

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments