Additional sign-in or account-related issues within Microsoft Teams Free
To confirm. Is that email address you have used to sign up for MS Teams free or the one you want to connect with now?
Regards
Nik
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I sign in to use Teams, I use an account named "******@mydomain.com". I use the Microsoft Authenticator to authenticate my identity. The login usually succeeds. I am using the Linux version of Teams. I am not accessing Teams in a browser.
After logging in to Teams, my account is displayed using a different email address, "******@somedomain.com". I do not know from where this other account comes, but I definitely want to remove all reference to it. How do I get rid of that erroneous reference to that account???
I should mention, too, that when someone invites me to a Teams meeting using "******@mydomain.com", the URL I receive never leads me to enter the meeting. I can log in to Teams using that URL, but I never see the meeting to which I have been invited.
Additional sign-in or account-related issues within Microsoft Teams Free
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
To confirm. Is that email address you have used to sign up for MS Teams free or the one you want to connect with now?
Regards
Nik
Here is a screenshot of the upper right corner of the screen after I click on the icon at the top right. Note that the same incorrect email address is also displayed when I log out and Teams indicates the account from which I intend to log out.
I have the strong impression that my data in some Microsoft server is corrupted.
I'll look further into this. It sounds unusual unless there has been some change to your Microsoft account recently or due to cache login on the system.
Could you please click on the profile pic and share with me the screenshot?
Also, click on profile pic > Manage account and share another screenshot.
Please blur or mask any sensitive/personal information before sharing the screenshot on the community forum.
Regards
Nik
Well, I ran Teams on a completely different machine, a Windows computer. But that version of Teams (the latest, installed today), does not display the email address under the current user name.
I am not sure what you mean by "install Teams to the new account". Teams is installed once on the computer (in usr/bin/teams, as one might expect). It can be run from any linux account. There is no installation specific to any linux account.
As for the .config files relevant to Teams, I grepped the whole branch and found no case of that wrong email address appearing.
Anyway, I did what you asked: I created a new account on my linux computer and set up Teams to run on that account. The result was the same. The incorrect email address appears under the account name.
PS: This is a Microsoft public peer-to-peer forum. I'm a fellow community advisor(not Microsoft) to help other community members with their issue.