Additional sign-in or account-related issues within Microsoft Teams Free
The following message is displayed after clicking on the organizations icon:
Your account does not belong to any other organizations
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I sign in to use Teams, I use an account named "******@mydomain.com". I use the Microsoft Authenticator to authenticate my identity. The login usually succeeds. I am using the Linux version of Teams. I am not accessing Teams in a browser.
After logging in to Teams, my account is displayed using a different email address, "******@somedomain.com". I do not know from where this other account comes, but I definitely want to remove all reference to it. How do I get rid of that erroneous reference to that account???
I should mention, too, that when someone invites me to a Teams meeting using "******@mydomain.com", the URL I receive never leads me to enter the meeting. I can log in to Teams using that URL, but I never see the meeting to which I have been invited.
Additional sign-in or account-related issues within Microsoft Teams Free
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
The following message is displayed after clicking on the organizations icon:
Your account does not belong to any other organizations
Hi AmblyoMoron,
It is an unusual scenario. The empty field in the Azure profile is not an issue.
To confirm that your account is associated with an organization, please go to https://myapps.microsoft.com, now, click on the "Organization" icon beside "?" icon at the top right corner and confirm that you don't see the guest organization.
Also, try with another email address if you won it and check what organization set on your other email address(incorrect one).
Regards
Nik
I have checked the Azure Active Directory, with the following results:
In short, there is no evidence there of that wrong email address that I see in Teams. But, is the missing email address field an issue?
As for the question about using Chat on the Windows platform, I am a bit confused by your reference to the "Profile Pic beside the chat message". I cannot start a chat unless I have someone with whom to chat. There is no one else in my organization. I tried entering someone I know to use Teams, but that did not work, as the message "Due to org policy changes, this chat is no longer available. Continue with Skype for Business". Briefly, I do not see how I can get a chat started so that I can click on the icon to see the email address.
Hi AmblyoMoron,
Please be advised that as a community advisor, I don't have access to your personal account to check details in the backend. this is a Microsoft public peer-to-peer forum. I'm a fellow community advisor(not Microsoft) to help other community members with their issue.
Now to look further into this issue.
You mentioned that you could access your Windows computer, you could access your account. To check your email address on windows, go to Chat, start a chat and over on the Profile Pic beside chat message.
Let me know if you see a different email address.
I'm not sure if there has been any change to your email address from the Users in Azure AD. If you have access to your admin account, the one you used to sign up for MS Teams free organization:
Go to https://portal.azure.com > Azure Active Directory > Users > Search for your name, click on it and check the email address property.
Regards
Nik
The email address I used to sign up with Teams and the email address I use to start a Teams session are the same.
The email address that appears in Teams after I am logged in, as in the image in the previous message, is something completely different.