Teams displays wrong email account after I have logged in.

Anonymous
2021-06-08T11:43:17+00:00

When I sign in to use Teams, I use an account named "******@mydomain.com". I use the Microsoft Authenticator to authenticate my identity. The login usually succeeds. I am using the Linux version of Teams. I am not accessing Teams in a browser.

After logging in to Teams, my account is displayed using a different email address, "******@somedomain.com". I do not know from where this other account comes, but I definitely want to remove all reference to it. How do I get rid of that erroneous reference to that account???

I should mention, too, that when someone invites me to a Teams meeting using "******@mydomain.com", the URL I receive never leads me to enter the meeting. I can log in to Teams using that URL, but I never see the meeting to which I have been invited.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams Free | Sign up and Sign in | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T17:07:15+00:00

    <continuation>

    So, I type in amblyomoron1 to replace the amblyomoron2 that was proposed as a default.

    • Next, I am asked to sign in again. The only difference with the previous sign in requests is that at the bottom it says:

    We found an account you can use here:

    <My name>

    amblyomoron1

    Signed in

    • I click on that bit at the bottom and am now asked if I want to use the Work/School account or the Personal account
    • I select Personal account
    • After a few seconds and a temporary clearing of the screen, I am once again asked if I want to use the Work/School account or the Personal account
    • This becomes an endless loop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T17:05:18+00:00

    Could you please sign-in with your phone and check once again?

    Regards

    Nik

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T17:04:35+00:00

    Do you phone number that you have linked to your Team personal account?

    Regards

    Nik

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T17:02:05+00:00

    Got it, no need to check with amblyomoron2 now, I see that you don’t have any Team personal account with amblyomoron2, that’s good.

    Let me go through it once again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T17:00:24+00:00

    Thank you, Quick check with amblyomoron2 account please. Close the existing chrome incognito session and open again one, let me know the behaviour.

    Regards

    Nik

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments