Teams displays wrong email account after I have logged in.

Anonymous
2021-06-08T11:43:17+00:00

When I sign in to use Teams, I use an account named "******@mydomain.com". I use the Microsoft Authenticator to authenticate my identity. The login usually succeeds. I am using the Linux version of Teams. I am not accessing Teams in a browser.

After logging in to Teams, my account is displayed using a different email address, "******@somedomain.com". I do not know from where this other account comes, but I definitely want to remove all reference to it. How do I get rid of that erroneous reference to that account???

I should mention, too, that when someone invites me to a Teams meeting using "******@mydomain.com", the URL I receive never leads me to enter the meeting. I can log in to Teams using that URL, but I never see the meeting to which I have been invited.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams Free | Sign up and Sign in | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-13T09:21:13+00:00

    Thank you, AmblyoMoron.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-13T06:41:19+00:00

    I have annotated the summary here:

    1. You don't have an alias(https://account.live.com/names/Manage) set in the Microsoft account associated with amblyomoron1 and amblyomoron2 email address, at any time. These are two different accounts with no relation between them.

    amblyomoron2 is not a Microsoft account. However, it had been an account some time in the past. As one can see, trying to use Teams has been a trial to my patience for a long time. At several occasions I have been asked to create a new account, just to be able to meet with someone, because we could not meet using the amblyomoron1 account. That being said, I have since deleted the amblyomoron2 account.

    1. We have checked your organization association with both account by accessing https://myapps.microsoft.com, but with both accounts, you had received "Your account does not belong to any other organizations"

    Again, amblyomoron2 does not exist as a Microsoft account. I cannot access myapps using it.

    1. With step 2, I learn that you don't have "MS Teams free org" account to your email addresses(still wonder, how did you get access to "MS Teams free" that I could see in one of the screenshots?)

    This appears to be the nub of the issue.

    1. However, you mentioned that you could access https://portal.azure.com, Azure AD - and could verify that you see emails as expected without amblyomoron2(email address) references - if you don't have MS Teams free org association in https://myapps.microsoft.com, I assume that you have signed for Azure AD free trail

    I am quite sure that I never knowingly signed up for an Azure AD free trial. But could Microsoft have done this without my knowledge, based on some other request or installation I may have made?

    1. When you sign in using amblyomoron1 on the "Teams Personal Life account", your login takes amblyomoron2 default and login

    More precisely, amblyomoron2 appears on the screen in two places: a) when I click on the account icon at the top right; and b) when I log out, Teams tells me I am logging out from amblyomoron2, even though I had logged in with amblyomoron1.

    1. No Teams personal life account exists with amblyomoron2 account or any other MS Teams services linked to amblyomoron2 account

    Yes, because the amblyomoron2 account simply does not exist.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-13T05:24:57+00:00

    Hi AmblyoMoron,

    Here is the quick summary:

    1. You don't have an alias(https://account.live.com/names/Manage) set in the Microsoft account associated with amblyomoron1 and amblyomoron2 email address, at any time. These are two different accounts with no relation between them.
    2. We have checked your organization association with both account by accessing https://myapps.microsoft.com, but with both accounts, you had received "Your account does not belong to any other organizations"
    3. With step 2, I learn that you don't have "MS Teams free org" account to your email addresses(still wonder, how did you get access to "MS Teams free" that I could see in one of the screenshots?)
    4. However, you mentioned that you could access https://portal.azure.com, Azure AD - and could verify that you see emails as expected without amblyomoron2(email address) references - if you don't have MS Teams free org association in https://myapps.microsoft.com, I assume that you have signed for Azure AD free trail
    5. When you sign in using amblyomoron1 on the "Teams Personal Life account", your login takes amblyomoron2 default and login
    6. No Teams personal life account exists with amblyomoron2 account or any other MS Teams services linked to amblyomoron2 account

    Please feel free to add if I missed any point.

    Regards

    Nik

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-12T14:41:17+00:00

    Thanks very much for all the time you have invested in helping me. I wonder if it is possible to summarize what we have learned is not the cause of the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-12T14:29:40+00:00

    I’ve looked further into your issue scenario, but couldn’t find an obvious reason to see an email address that is not associated to your account.

    Sorry about the issue. I'm out of ideas, we'll now ask other advisors and fellow Teams users for other troubleshooting suggestions.

    Regards

    Nik

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments