Teams displays wrong email account after I have logged in.

Anonymous
2021-06-08T11:43:17+00:00

When I sign in to use Teams, I use an account named "******@mydomain.com". I use the Microsoft Authenticator to authenticate my identity. The login usually succeeds. I am using the Linux version of Teams. I am not accessing Teams in a browser.

After logging in to Teams, my account is displayed using a different email address, "******@somedomain.com". I do not know from where this other account comes, but I definitely want to remove all reference to it. How do I get rid of that erroneous reference to that account???

I should mention, too, that when someone invites me to a Teams meeting using "******@mydomain.com", the URL I receive never leads me to enter the meeting. I can log in to Teams using that URL, but I never see the meeting to which I have been invited.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams Free | Sign up and Sign in | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T16:23:58+00:00

    No, that is not the case. I repeat the message from above:

    I connect to myapps using my normal email address (that is, amblymoron1) as the account name. After connecting, I click on the organizations icon. The following message is displayed: Your account does not belong to any other organizations

    I do not include a screen shot because there are no organizations to see.

    P.S. I appreciate very much the time you are taking to work through this recalcitrant problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T15:15:17+00:00

    Hi AmblyoMoron

    ,

    So, is it correct to say that you don't have access to https://myapps.microsoft.com using both amblyomoron1 and amblyomoron2?

    Will you be able to share a screenshot of the organization list if you can access any of the accounts on https://myapps.microsoft.com?

    Note: please use chrome incognito mode to avoid any saved credential in-browser session.

    I'm sorry to ask this once again.

    As you know, as a community advisor(not Microsoft), we don't have access to your account to check things from the backend.

    Regards

    Nik

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T08:03:08+00:00

    If I attempt to log in the myapps using amblyomoron2, it responds with the message "You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead."

    However, when I log in the Teams using amblyomoron1, I must choose Personal account. If I attempt to connect selecting "Business or school", I end up in an endless loop where Teams constantly asks me to select my organization from a drop-down list, albeit there is only one organization in that list (an organization that I created when I first signed up with Teams). I should further mention that attempting to connect to Teams by selecting Business or school account results in two, somewhat different responses:

    1. after clicking on Continue (to confirm the organization), Teams responds with ""Sorry we have run into an issue"" and then loops back in a few seconds to the organization selection screen. This is an endless loop.
    2. after providing the account name and password, Teams displays the "Welcome to Teams" message, under which is the message "You don't have access to the mydomain.com org in Teams. Select another org, or contact your admin for more details."

    Clearly, there is an issue of incoherent data somewhere regarding the organizations and what accounts belong to what.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T07:45:02+00:00

    Yes, please check with the other account as well. So we see if there is anything common or mismatch.

    Let me name these account for better communication, it is hard to point these email address in discussion.

    1. Email address that you use to login into MS Teams free: let us call it "AmblyoMoron1"
    2. Email address that shows up in MS Teams free profile: let us call it "AmblyoMoron2"

    If I understand, you don't have any organization associated to "AmblyoMoron2", right?

    how about "AmblyoMoron1"?

    Regards

    Nik

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T07:38:50+00:00

    Yes. I connect to myapps using my normal email address as the account name. After connecting, I click on the organizations icon. The following message is displayed: Your account does not belong to any other organizations

    I have not tried to connect to myapps using any other account. Is this what you are asking me?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments