Additional sign-in or account-related issues within Microsoft Teams Free
Thank you, AmblyoMoron.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I sign in to use Teams, I use an account named "******@mydomain.com". I use the Microsoft Authenticator to authenticate my identity. The login usually succeeds. I am using the Linux version of Teams. I am not accessing Teams in a browser.
After logging in to Teams, my account is displayed using a different email address, "******@somedomain.com". I do not know from where this other account comes, but I definitely want to remove all reference to it. How do I get rid of that erroneous reference to that account???
I should mention, too, that when someone invites me to a Teams meeting using "******@mydomain.com", the URL I receive never leads me to enter the meeting. I can log in to Teams using that URL, but I never see the meeting to which I have been invited.
Additional sign-in or account-related issues within Microsoft Teams Free
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank you, AmblyoMoron.
I have annotated the summary here:
amblyomoron2 is not a Microsoft account. However, it had been an account some time in the past. As one can see, trying to use Teams has been a trial to my patience for a long time. At several occasions I have been asked to create a new account, just to be able to meet with someone, because we could not meet using the amblyomoron1 account. That being said, I have since deleted the amblyomoron2 account.
Again, amblyomoron2 does not exist as a Microsoft account. I cannot access myapps using it.
This appears to be the nub of the issue.
I am quite sure that I never knowingly signed up for an Azure AD free trial. But could Microsoft have done this without my knowledge, based on some other request or installation I may have made?
More precisely, amblyomoron2 appears on the screen in two places: a) when I click on the account icon at the top right; and b) when I log out, Teams tells me I am logging out from amblyomoron2, even though I had logged in with amblyomoron1.
Yes, because the amblyomoron2 account simply does not exist.