This app package is not supported for installation by App Installer because it uses certain restricted capabilities.

Anonymous
2023-10-10T08:48:49+00:00

I tried to install MS teams for work but it failed, please tell me what could be the reason.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-10-12T08:04:44+00:00

Hi ,

Please follow this thread, i was able to install teams with help of response from @Sharon
Error caa5009d - Microsoft Q&A

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-18T04:35:39+00:00

    Same issue here.

    I ran the troubleshooter, it couldn't even find the installation file. Teams for Work was installing fine prior to the relaunch of the updated version.

    If anyone has any work around not listed here, please advise asap I have new hires I'm onboarding.

    EDIT: You have to have the standard Teams version installed, the "home" edition to download the work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-20T12:58:58+00:00

    I'm having the same issue on a new PC. Windows 11 Pro. MS Team for work is broken.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-23T18:26:22+00:00

    After no microsoft advice or other message board's advice resolving this, I finally resolved this issue after several frustrating hours by deleting something from the registry for the particular user.

    HKEY_USERS > (find the desired user's key, check environment paths to make sure correct user) > microsoft > software > office > teams > (something similar to "donotinstall")

    I deleted that, and then the latest MSIX files from the website finally worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments